Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton. Sat Oct 14th 5.30

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Newcastle away next up. Said it last week, it’s going to be tight down the bottom, much tighter than last season. Outside of Forest (I expect Leicester will pick up points here and there eventually) there’s no team I’d say are nailed on to drift away. 11-18th separated by 3 points. We improved the team in the summer but so did other teams.

Badly need to cut out silly individual errors. The goal against Southampton, both goals last week and the penalty today all down to individual errors. Massively frustrating for the likes of Tarkowski and Coady who have been on it in those games but have been let down by others not doing their job. Different to last year when we often capitulated and just looked like a soft touch.
I think with multiball, I'd be showing Tarkowski and all the players that clip where he boots it straight out when he got their first clearly and telling them to take a touch and clear it further up the pitch. To just boot it out was a bit needless and poor in my opinion. The throw in came in quick and 10 seconds later we'd given away a pen.

You have to score goals to stay up.

We need not just one more striker, we need two more in January.
Think we will see another winger and another cf, esp if they club still trying to get rondon out. We still have one more loan dont we. Just really need to be able to rotate out wide when gordon gray not playing well

You have to score goals to stay up.

We need not just one more striker, we need two more in January.
If we could feed the strikers we have, we'll be fine.

We saw McNeil nearly link up with DCL once. Ditto Garner. Either we need another actual target man, or wings that can find Maupay on the ground to slot. We don't execute Plan A or Plan B well enough right now.

We’ve been garbage all season really. We scraped past an out of form West Ham and an always crap Southampton. Probably just about deserved to edge out Leeds but then Brentford should have blitzed us. Good performance against Liverpool. That second half today was shameful. May as well not have bothered coming out for the half.

We've won once away at Southampton since 2015.

Played 7. Won 3 (2022, 2019, 2015). Lost 5. We're horrible away at Saints.

In as much as you can be upbeat in defeat I am,thought our game plan was effective,we restricted them and had two big opportunities to get ourselves in front,an individual error has done us,the second happens as we have committed with the Rondon sub leaving space at the back,but can't fault the desire/effort against one of the media darlings,just that little bit of nouse in the final third we needed,Tarkowski was superb I thought too,defensive masterclass,COYB.?

Poor, but so were they. A soft penalty and a deflection we're needed to create anything.

I'm not worried. I expected us to lose to them. We are a work in progress and we will beat the teams who aren't fighting for Europe and will nick results against some of the top 6/8.
My thoughts exactly. United and Spurs squads are light years ahead in terms of a few game changing players surrounded by above average players. We made it difficult-ish for both of them, conceded pretty limp goals that could have been avoided and missed very good chances ourselves.

We are still very very poo, but its now finer margins between poo and mid table than it was 9 months ago.

That said, if we don’t beat the likes of Palace and Leicester in the coming weeks, then we will be 18th going into the break.

Newcastle away next up. Said it last week, it’s going to be tight down the bottom, much tighter than last season. Outside of Forest (I expect Leicester will pick up points here and there eventually) there’s no team I’d say are nailed on to drift away. 11-18th separated by 3 points. We improved the team in the summer but so did other teams.

Think Leicester are poor mate. Conceded 6 at Spurs.

In reality 1 from about 10 team after that, of which we are one.

Limp, listless, submissive, pathetic. Just some of the words that come to mind after that.

No quality in our play at all, again.

With a few minutes left and pinned back in our own box said it all for me. Any other team, even the Fulhams and southamptons of this world would have pressured them and kept better possession than we did after going a goal down. We just can’t seem to maintain any length of sustained pressure in games. 1 or 2 minutes is our maximum. Why is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back