Transfer Posts - Everton Transfer Tier System?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you might be joking but I agree with that last bit you can sometimes read pages and pages of people talking about a player who we aren't even linked with its just from someones wishlist and then because people have seen it they think we really were linked and start kicking off that we didn't move fast enough for them when they move somewhere else even though we were never even linked!
SAY IT JIMMY

SAY HIS NAME

I know you might be joking but I agree with that last bit you can sometimes read pages and pages of people talking about a player who we aren't even linked with its just from someones wishlist and then because people have seen it they think we really were linked and start kicking off that we didn't move fast enough for them when they move somewhere else even though we were never even linked!

Good point, this. What I take from this is removing the nonsense will remove fume which will reduce engagement.

So it's important we remember to also elevate the nonsense, as well as the good, so we can all point at the weasels who tell fibs.

Wouldn’t it be great if we could turn the transfer thread into a definitive hub for credible Everton transfer news and drive traffic and new contributors to the forum there.

Even better if we had an ITK to reward and endorse this new system.

^ Stuff like this.

How do we encourage people to share transfer tweets etc with some credibility, rather than sharing complete nonsense?

I'd hoped to find something that allowed our community to all vote - like upvote and downvote by source, organised into tiers with the bottom x amount blacklisted but I've had difficulty finding a developer to introduce that into grand old team and I can't find anything elsewhere that we could link to.

Redcafe - Man Utd's GOT, has a reliability tier from reddit? and a specific Redcafe Twitter blacklist. See here.

Any ideas?
I quite enjoy the jarg rumours to be honest. They often produce a bit of a laugh in otherwise dark times.

DIE WEASELS DIE.

1717497416111.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back