Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see that mate, if that was the case then the board may as well sack Martinez.

True, but then a similar thing happened with Walter Smith. Kenwright doesn't like to fire managers, hoping that, like a theatre show, it all comes up rosey at the end. Thing is though, football is a cut-throat, tyrant driven business now, and we are miles behind currently.

really want shaqiri, but if we only wanted to do a loan for him he's obviously not the priority, more of an "he's available we'll go after him as well as our top target". he's better as a winger than a playmaker so i really can't see him being the playmaker we were after.

my one thinly veiled glimmer of hope is that McCarthy and Mirallas would not have signed new contracts without some sort of reassurance the club was moving in the right direction. Surely when contract talks were ongoing Martinez would have mentioned his plans to improve the team this window.

What, you think the fact that Bayern signed him for 12M euros means they didn't think he was decent? Ok!

You could say the same for Mario "33 cap Italian international, both Milan clubs, Man City, Liverpool star" Balotelli as well though.

And seeing Shaqiri in the cap screamed "bulb" at me as much as Mario does tbh. Maybe he's one of those raw talents who has the mentality of a child.

personally we should say to shaqiri, one year loan at us and re-address your options, let's be honest lad, you can surely get better offers than stoke in a year's time. that will feed his ego. if inter needs funds for perisic though that's why this isn't happening.

You could say the same for Mario "33 cap Italian international, both Milan clubs, Man City, Liverpool star" Balotelli as well though.

And seeing Shaqiri in the cap screamed "bulb" at me as much as Mario does tbh. Maybe he's one of those raw talents who has the mentality of a child.

Maybe so....the fact remains though, Martinez was after him and wanted him. The rest is just salad dressing, he has lost a primary target by the looks of it to Stoke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back