Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The freak out is because a lack of a No 10 is the reason we play with no penetration. He was the best we could attract and he has chosen Stoke. I know people are saying that there's plenty of time left in the window but there's no one better who's available. We were beat by Stoke. Stoke?
Are you a scout mate? Or a manager?
Besides they haven't signed him yet.

Said I'd do this - man of my word:

https://soundcloud.com/tubey84-1/sign-someone-everton

LYRICS:

It's silly season, yes it's transfer time,
in the papers, it's a pantomime.
On and on, does anybody know who we are signing yet?

Another player, another transfer dance,
he could go elsewhere, but to Stoke? No chance!
On and on, does anybody know who we are signing yet?

Sign someone Everton,
Sign someone Everton.
The transfer window's breaking,
we're out of time,
to shape our final destiny.

Sign someone Everton,
Sign someone Everton.
Missing out on that Shaqiri,
not to mention West Ham's Payet,
who will start the season...

Oh crap, Leon Osman,
Oh crap, Leon Osman.
I've lost the will, FFS Bill,
right now I'd settle for that...
I'd settle for,
settle for,
settle for Jo.
Sod Everton. This is what I'm into now.

Well to be fair he is only 23 so it's hard to imagine he peaked as a 21 year old. I imagine what has happened is he has gone downhill drastically following moving away from Bayern, lost a lot of his confidence and perhaps not trained as hard. But at 23 I would say he's still more than rescuable.

The Milan clubs, particularly Inter have a bit of a habit of this. Taking good players and mis managing them. A loan deal for him would be best with an option to buy next summer.
a 12 million & 70 grand a week gamble ???????

On the basis that the club has officially commented on their finances and Stones' non-availability for sale I'm pretty certain I'm entitled to use this argument rather than suggest "they have no money until Stones is sold" or are using the money for other activities.

I really do not understand why you have to try and contradict almost every factual post made.
The club haven't categorically said "Stones isn't for sale". Mourinho even made the point that if they did that he would stop "Game Over" in his words.

But they haven't and Mourinho made another joke. They want to wait until the last last day saying the window isn't open until then. If Chelsea offer the valuation fee Stones will go. You know it and I know it. We all know it. The only thing that will keep Stones here is if he doesn't want to go or Chelsea don't offer the money.

The freak out is because a lack of a No 10 is the reason we play with no penetration. He was the best we could attract and he has chosen Stoke. I know people are saying that there's plenty of time left in the window but there's no one better who's available. We were beat by Stoke. Stoke?

How do you know he was the best we could attract? Are you a scout?

The fact is that you never know what you're going to get until they are out there playing. As I said a few days ago Shaqiri's goal scoring record is pretty poor for #10. I doubt he gives us the 15 goals we needed out of that position.

I will also remind you of this, we missed out on Demba Ba and ended up getting Lukaku. Sliding doors.

As I compare all #10's to my favourite player of all time, Roberto Baggio, we will live to fight another day... and quite possibly for the better. Have faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back