Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is me in my favourite beret
kangol.png

So I take it we've got our story straight then. We didn't want him in the first place because he's a mad junkie wool?

Seems some people have taken it so bad that they've been sticking fingers in their ears and shouting "HE WASNT OUR PRIMARY TARGET...LAR LAR LAR LAR....HE'd COME HERE IF WE WANTED HIM...LAR LAR LAR LAR WE'RE BIGGER THAN STOKE...LAR LAR LAR LAR....IM NOT LISTENING...LAR LAR LAR LAR....HES NOT VERY GOOD ...LAR LAR LAR LAR...."

Why do you think he's the best we can attract? I really like what I've seen of him in the past but the only time he's ever played centrally has been for a a very average Swiss side because he's their best player. We do need a number 10 but, in club football, he's never been one.

I agree, we do need a number 10, but a number 10 that is willing to run beyond Lukaku. Too often the ball goes to Lukaku and then Barkley/others are too static with their movement. I would have Cleverley in the number 10 role for now. Simply because he's a willing runner and is willing to run into dangerous areas beyond Lukaku to create space.

It looks like the same thing happened at Inter as happened with us when Johnson was here and Smith first arrived. The manager was told he had loads of money to spend so he spent it. 8 months later he's told he has to sell to balance the books. Maybe it's not the player's fault after all. Although it makes us all feel better about missing out on a player to Stoke if we paint him as some kind of bad egg.

Mate, was a different era under Johnson and under Smith. We've had 2 years of record SKY money, irrespective of loans etc

IF there is no money for transfers then I suggest that the Fraud squad need calling and Revenues and Customs get a call.

Direct quote from Martinez:

“That conversation can only happen when the two clubs have a will to form an agreement.

“We have had the two bids, they were both rejected, a very clear stance that the player is not for sale.”

I'm sure there have been others.

I think you need a break from this thread, not for arguing my points, but for contradicting almost every point made by others.

Go away and think about it, because next time it may be a ban from the site not just a threadban.[/QUOTE

Spot on I expect this transfer thread to be about who we may buy not sell anyway has he missed the 400 page John Stones thread - we all get frustrated on here about our beloved club any news on any interest of actually purchasing a player who is not ready to sign somewhere else?

Seems some people have taken it so bad that they've been sticking fingers in their ears and shouting "HE WASNT OUR PRIMARY TARGET...LAR LAR LAR LAR....HE'd COME HERE IF WE WANTED HIM...LAR LAR LAR LAR WE'RE BIGGER THAN STOKE...LAR LAR LAR LAR....IM NOT LISTENING...LAR LAR LAR LAR....HES NOT VERY GOOD ...LAR LAR LAR LAR...."
others have invented new art forms to express their dismay.

It looks like Shaqiri isn't signing for us so some of you are trying to convince yourselves that he wasn't worth the money, or he has low standards if he wants to go to Stoke instead of us, or even that something was wrong with him and that's why Inter are letting him go in the first place.

You're just trying to comfort yourselves. The fact is he's a quality player and if he's choosing Stoke over us, it's because of our board. Yes, we've always been a better club than Stoke but that means absolutely nothing to someone who isn't an Evertonian and it means even less to someone who hasn't even played in England before. When Shaqiri (and Dann, and Ogbonna, and whoever else) looks at our board and then looks at Stokes' (or West Ham's, or Spurs'), they see a complete and utter lack of ambition. They see a group of parasitic shysters who are only interested in keeping the club afloat while the stock of the Premier League keeps rising and rising through sponsorship and TV deals, until the bubble hits its peak, at which point they will sell to the highest bidder.

That's not something any ambitious footballer wants to be a part of and I don't blame them at all.

Whens that Austin announcement mate ?

It looks like Shaqiri isn't signing for us so some of you are trying to convince yourselves that he wasn't worth the money, or he has low standards if he wants to go to Stoke instead of us, or even that something was wrong with him and that's why Inter are letting him go in the first place.

You're just trying to comfort yourselves. The fact is he's a quality player and if he's choosing Stoke over us, it's because of our board. Yes, we've always been a better club than Stoke but that means absolutely nothing to someone who isn't an Evertonian and it means even less to someone who hasn't even played in England before. When Shaqiri (and Dann, and Ogbonna, and whoever else) looks at our board and then looks at Stokes' (or West Ham's, or Spurs'), they see a complete and utter lack of ambition. They see a group of parasitic shysters who are only interested in keeping the club afloat while the stock of the Premier League keeps rising and rising through sponsorship and TV deals, until the bubble hits its peak, at which point they will sell to the highest bidder.

That's not something any ambitious footballer wants to be a part of and I don't blame them at all.

I REALLY wanted us to sign him. I said before I'm a bit of a fanboy of his and signed him on the last three FIFA games for Everton but we don't know if we've missed out until we know who we get. There are better players in the world.

Who would've thought we'd sign Rom permanently? I know it didn't work but we signed Eto'o last summer! Bloody Eto'o! We don't know if we missed out until the window is closed.

I didn't do that. I sang opera.

He's a kid coming from an unproven league. Do you really want us to gamble our season on that signing?

It is a big risk really. I think we could do with some experience in there. I am not sure who we could get in that mould though. Possibly Kagawa but a bit of a push. Praet will be a good player though I am sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back