Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that he'll have been any less gutted to end up at Everton

tumblr_lx6jmfRe271qc0h3qo1_250.gif

When was the last time we signed someone who had no previous affiliation with the club/manager to persuade them to come and join us that another side was also interested in?

Lukaku (had a loan spell with us, only went permanent as Chelsea didn't want him)
Deulofeu (had a loan spell with us, only went permanent as Barca didn't want him)
Cleverley (played under Martinez)
Barry (had a loan spell with us, only went permanent as City didn't want him)
Kone, Joel, Alcaraz McCarthy (All played undr at Wigan)

Our first impressions/negotiations must be awful, as all of these already new the club/manager before they signed permanantly

Just tried and tested players mate that's all. Can assure you that Shaqiri will be highest earner by miles at Stoke.

We have lost out to Stoke, I must admit I am having a problem getting my head around it,maybe it's because I can Remember when the name Everton meant something,and today this has sadly confirmed to me that them days have gone, it really is unbelieible but there it is, this old man has seen the light,I mean Stoke ffs. What a come down for one of the biggest names in football, thank you Bill.

I like this word - Losing out to Stoke for a player, a 50/50 ball, a header, aEuropa League spot, etc...anything! is truly Unbellieible!!

Mate, was a different era under Johnson and under Smith. We've had 2 years of record SKY money, irrespective of loans etc

IF there is no money for transfers then I suggest that the Fraud squad need calling and Revenues and Customs get a call.

I'm talking about at Inter. The reason why Shaqiri has been shipped out after 8 months. Not because he's got a bad attitude but because the manager has had the rug pulled from under him.

I'm talking about at Inter. The reason why Shaqiri has been shipped out after 8 months. Not because he's got a bad attitude but because the manager has had the rug pulled from under him.
This guy was a flying fast winger two years ago not a play maker what we need - he is a reject if he was that good the big clubs in the prem would be in for him they were two years ago not now!

This thread the last 24 hours. Get a grip a lot of you. Blaming all and sundry that we lost out to Stoke for Shaqiri. For all we know they've offered him 125k plus a week.

No great loss, move on and come the end of the window we will be stronger.

Anyway we should be more worried about tactics and formations that Roberto keeps sticking too, regardless of the results we are getting.

Everyone is missing the point as to why he is likely going to be a Stoke player. It's not that they are more attractive rather the fact that money talks and Everton seem to be lacking that.

I wanted him as bad as the next guy but he's chosen to go somewhere where he is going to get paid the money he wants. Hope Martinez is given money to get in these mythical 3 players.

We have lost out to Stoke, I must admit I am having a problem getting my head around it,maybe it's because I can Remember when the name Everton meant something,and today this has sadly confirmed to me that them days have gone, it really is unbelieible but there it is, this old man has seen the light,I mean Stoke ffs. What a come down for one of the biggest names in football, thank you Bill.

Well put mate I said exactly the same today. It's heartbreaking stuff to watch for us blues

Everyone is missing the point as to why he is likely going to be a Stoke player. It's not that they are more attractive rather the fact that money talks and Everton seem to be lacking that.

I wanted him as bad as the next guy but he's chosen to go somewhere where he is going to get paid the money he wants. Hope Martinez is given money to get in these mythical 3 players.

I thought the reason was Stoke offered a permanent deal, whereas we only offered a loan...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back