Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the Marcus Bent signing , and fans going Ballistic, we came 4th that year surely there are gems in the championship - i have no faith in these euro has beens wanting 60 -70 k per week!

Mate, was a different era under Johnson and under Smith. We've had 2 years of record SKY money, irrespective of loans etc

IF there is no money for transfers then I suggest that the Fraud squad need calling and Revenues and Customs get a call.

Wait until September mate. I'm pissed off we didn't get Shaqiri but if we did bid, then the money is there. If we don't spend a further 15m or so, then the board really are in trouble. Martinez wouldn't say he wants 3 players if he didn't have money, he'd be saying we're fine because of our 'phenomenal' youngsters.

We have lost out to Stoke, I must admit I am having a problem getting my head around it,maybe it's because I can Remember when the name Everton meant something,and today this has sadly confirmed to me that them days have gone, it really is unbelieible but there it is, this old man has seen the light,I mean Stoke ffs. What a come down for one of the biggest names in football, thank you Bill.

We have lost out to Stoke, I must admit I am having a problem getting my head around it,maybe it's because I can Remember when the name Everton meant something,and today this has sadly confirmed to me that them days have gone, it really is unbelieible but there it is, this old man has seen the light,I mean Stoke ffs. What a come down for one of the biggest names in football, thank you Bill.
Stoke have a billionair owner we have BK , but we must have money - RM states he wants three players so keep the faith the seasons started BK always waits till deadline day saves on wages!

When was the last time we signed someone who had no previous affiliation with the club/manager to persuade them to come and join us that another side was also interested in?

Lukaku (had a loan spell with us, only went permanent as Chelsea didn't want him)
Deulofeu (had a loan spell with us, only went permanent as Barca didn't want him)
Cleverley (played under Martinez)
Barry (had a loan spell with us, only went permanent as City didn't want him)
Kone, Joel, Alcaraz McCarthy (All played undr at Wigan)

Our first impressions/negotiations must be awful, as all of these already new the club/manager before they signed permanantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back