Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should Kenwright go purely because we THINK we missed out on Shaquiri.
No one argued it was purely and we did miss out on Shaqiri. We were definitely in for him be it a loan or a perm but we were in for him.

Should Kenwright go because missing out on Shakiri was the last straw and we are going backwards?

btw - I think it's unfair poll to you which is why I never posted it. It will just get huge support because it has "Should Kenwright go...."

Nah. Don't want that anywhere near our team. Would disrupt the sideways passing.

Don't start putting stat's up about him creating chances mate, I don't know what im going to do tonight. Iv been going to bed for the past 5 weeks dreaming of Shaqiri slipping the ball through to Rom.

No one argued it was purely and we did miss out on Shaqiri. We were definitely in for him be it a loan or a perm but we were in for him.

Should Kenwright go because missing out on Shakiri was the last straw and we are going backwards?

btw - I think it's unfair poll to you which is why I never posted it. It will just get huge support because it has "Should Kenwright go...."

No mate it's unfair because you're putting pure speculation in there, you don't know anything about this transfer its all guesswork.

The club haven't categorically said "Stones isn't for sale". Mourinho even made the point that if they did that he would stop "Game Over" in his words.

But they haven't and Mourinho made another joke. They want to wait until the last last day saying the window isn't open until then. If Chelsea offer the valuation fee Stones will go. You know it and I know it. We all know it. The only thing that will keep Stones here is if he doesn't want to go or Chelsea don't offer the money.

Direct quote from Martinez:

“That conversation can only happen when the two clubs have a will to form an agreement.

“We have had the two bids, they were both rejected, a very clear stance that the player is not for sale.”

I'm sure there have been others.

I think you need a break from this thread, not for arguing my points, but for contradicting almost every point made by others.

Go away and think about it, because next time it may be a ban from the site not just a threadban.

The freak out is because a lack of a No 10 is the reason we play with no penetration. He was the best we could attract and he has chosen Stoke. I know people are saying that there's plenty of time left in the window but there's no one better who's available. We were beat by Stoke. Stoke?
Why do you think he's the best we can attract? I really like what I've seen of him in the past but the only time he's ever played centrally has been for a a very average Swiss side because he's their best player. We do need a number 10 but, in club football, he's never been one.

It looks like the same thing happened at Inter as happened with us when Johnson was here and Smith first arrived. The manager was told he had loads of money to spend so he spent it. 8 months later he's told he has to sell to balance the books. Maybe it's not the player's fault after all. Although it makes us all feel better about missing out on a player to Stoke if we paint him as some kind of bad egg.

It looks like Shaqiri isn't signing for us so some of you are trying to convince yourselves that he wasn't worth the money, or he has low standards if he wants to go to Stoke instead of us, or even that something was wrong with him and that's why Inter are letting him go in the first place.

You're just trying to comfort yourselves. The fact is he's a quality player and if he's choosing Stoke over us, it's because of our board. Yes, we've always been a better club than Stoke but that means absolutely nothing to someone who isn't an Evertonian and it means even less to someone who hasn't even played in England before. When Shaqiri (and Dann, and Ogbonna, and whoever else) looks at our board and then looks at Stokes' (or West Ham's, or Spurs'), they see a complete and utter lack of ambition. They see a group of parasitic shysters who are only interested in keeping the club afloat while the stock of the Premier League keeps rising and rising through sponsorship and TV deals, until the bubble hits its peak, at which point they will sell to the highest bidder.

That's not something any ambitious footballer wants to be a part of and I don't blame them at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back