Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that many on here seem more upset about Stoke getting a player instead of us, as opposed to being upset about us not getting Shaqiri specifically.

My guess is that he wasn't a primary target, but after finding out he might be available, we tried to get him on loan. That seems sensible since there have to be some questions about why he's on his third club in two years. Sometimes you have to consider an opportunity to get a player who could improve your team, even if they're not a primary target or in a position of "need." I suspect this was an example of that.

While I'm somewhat disappointed not to be getting him, I think the shouts of Stoke being "more ambitious" and "passing us by" are crazy overreactions. Players choose one club over another for a variety of different reasons. Just in the past few seasons (if media reports are to be believed), Baines has chosen us over United, McCarthy has chosen us over Tottenham and Lukaku has chosen us over Chelsea. Prior to that, Mirallas chose us over Arsenal. I doubt that those clubs worried about Everton "showing more ambition" than them and "passing them by." Every possible transfer scenario is different, and there are many unknown reasons as to why a players ends up at Club A instead of Club B.

I know everyone is frustrated with the lack of activity (me very much included), but we've still got time to make signings. More players tend to become available towards the end of the window, which is why I think Martinez is willing to wait it out for the last few signings. We may be pleasantly surprised yet.

Is it you Kenwright?
Have you heard Tubeys opera?

We really are going to turn into another Wigan aren't we?
We have been treading water for years under this useless board and now they are being found out.
The way they have acted this window has been a disgrace and i feel sorry for martinez but the worst thing is when our lying chairman ends up on camera at the match the happy clappers will still clap away at him regardless

Turkish media (poorly translated):

"Besic Selects Bayrampaşa. Everton midfielder Mohammed Besic Erdal Torunoğulları begins preliminary talks to his father, "If you can convince the club, my son is looking hot to play for Besiktas." the report said."

Erdal Torunoğullari is head of Transfer dealings for Besiktas.

Edit: A different report claims we're demanding 5m Euros for him.
So take a loss on him, can't see it.

Rom a few weeks ago, then kev, now besic

Even the papers abroad are trying to sell our players

So have we found out what position Sergi Roberto is?
Left Back in the Changing Room.

He's probably some coked up nutjob with a questionable taste in headwear as well, we wouldn't want him really.

Best leave him suffering in the horrid sunshine in the footballing backwater of Barcelona I think

this thread reminds me of when marcus shout out "oh kowabunga" in about a boy just to get everyone to stop from squabbling. you're all like hormonal teens worrying about every single little rumour. you surely have better things to do?

right bunch of stressed eric's. why not wait until the transfer window is closed, see what business we've done and then moan about it if you'e not happy. we can't buy every single player under the sun, so all you're crappy suggestions and terms of "why didn't we go in for blah blah" ... "can't believe we got beaten to the signing of blah blah by blah blah because [insert newspaper here] said so."

Couldn't blame besic for leaving if he wants too,his hardly had a sniff since he's been here,when you have the mighty barry and osman ahead of you he has no chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back