Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that many on here seem more upset about Stoke getting a player instead of us, as opposed to being upset about us not getting Shaqiri specifically.

My guess is that he wasn't a primary target, but after finding out he might be available, we tried to get him on loan. That seems sensible since there have to be some questions about why he's on his third club in two years. Sometimes you have to consider an opportunity to get a player who could improve your team, even if they're not a primary target or in a position of "need." I suspect this was an example of that.

While I'm somewhat disappointed not to be getting him, I think the shouts of Stoke being "more ambitious" and "passing us by" are crazy overreactions. Players choose one club over another for a variety of different reasons. Just in the past few seasons (if media reports are to be believed), Baines has chosen us over United, McCarthy has chosen us over Tottenham and Lukaku has chosen us over Chelsea. Prior to that, Mirallas chose us over Arsenal. I doubt that those clubs worried about Everton "showing more ambition" than them and "passing them by." Every possible transfer scenario is different, and there are many unknown reasons as to why a players ends up at Club A instead of Club B.

I know everyone is frustrated with the lack of activity (me very much included), but we've still got time to make signings. More players tend to become available towards the end of the window, which is why I think Martinez is willing to wait it out for the last few signings. We may be pleasantly surprised yet.

It seems our primary target was Payet, but West Ham were willing to offer him a truckload of cash and more years on his contract, so we turned to Shaqiri. So we've effectively missed our primary and secondary targets.

That's the thing, if Stoke were being more ambitious, then they wouldn't have let 2 of their best players from last season leave.

Not always that simple though is it mate? Both players only had 12 months left on their contacts so it was either sell or lose both on a free. I mean we all know why there is a big sudden influx of decent talent from around Europe joining the likes of Swansea, Villa, Sunderland, Stoke, Newcastle. Teams in this league are flush with cash and players know if they come over here and impress for lesser clubs their stock goes through the roof and you have the bigger teams showing an interest.

It's a win win situation for these players seeing as they are already earning top wages without the top move. It's the reason people on here are getting so angsty, clubs have more money than ever and it appears more ambition than ever - You get the feeling we need to be joining them over the next few weeks or get left behind.

I suspect we're skint.
I don't.

Best guess is we were after a no.10 and a cb. We've lost out on our first choices and now we are scrambling for alternatives.

Given we were linked strongly with payet, Ogbonna, Dann and Evans would say to me that we have money to spend. Maybe we didn't fancy shaquri unless it was a loan? He's not been that good recently. And you can tell he's a d|ck by looking at his massive swerve head.

Let's wait until the end of the season before we arrange a mass suicide at the Britannia stadium.

What is the point of giving new contact to player that always injured and has past it?

You add his £20k a week to a deal and offer it to Shaqiri then he would have signed. Money talks.

It's on!!!

Valentin Eysseric , 22, midfielder OGC Nice, in small papers of Olympique Lyonnais seeking to strengthen offensively after the departures of Bafetimbi Gomis and Jimmy Briand Swansea .

Both players were out of contract . Arriving at the Gym in summer 2012, is also Eysseric on shelves Everton .

What the fu....

wuut.gif

Yeah.....see my post above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back