Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if Mirallas ankle injury worse than thought.
Hence this panic buy in the sense of not waiting till deadline day.

think it may be the fact that when mirallas went down injured, all 4 of our wingers were injured with ovideo as our leading winger. ... the guy who's been out for a year injured.

UPDATE

SSN say Martinez hopeful of Deloufeu and Besic being fit for Southampton but Mirallas is "doubtful" hopefully we get Lennon in as we can't carry on with the 1 winger system.

Martinez only ever plays one winger though, that is his system.

Lennon is the most short-sighted signing ever, I really hope we don't get him in. Would he really be worth the £12.5m he'd likely cost us over the 3 years? Not even close, his performance will decline year on year.

Say Deulofeu costs the same over 3 years, his performances are likely to increase and he will have a value at the end of the third year. These are the type of players a club like us should be going for.

Shaqiri has shown how the tfr window works. He took a month to decide to go to Stoke, all the while waiting for better offers to become available.

Any player capable of improving our side, is also capable of improving Spurs, Stoke, Arsenal etc. So if we move for them now, the agents will advise the players to sit it out and see if they can get a better deal (happened so many times before to Everton). This is why most deals are done on deadline day, because they don't have as much time to hawk them around different clubs. So clubs may only be in negotiations with one club for a player. Fingers crossed Everton have their sights on some young talent who will become a star and are just waiting to rush it through at the last minute so we don't get pipped to the post.

Although having said that, with the amount of pressure on this mythical no. 10 already growing to un-reachable heights, I hope he has really thick skin.

you know what? I'm completely brutalised with this entire window, I now can't tell who'd be any good and who would be a risk.

I'm almost at the point of saying sod it. Get Berbatov in. play him behind Rom, he can hold the ball and create. Number 10 and striker.
Of course he's 103, no pace and probably more expensive wages the rest of the team combined, but he could do a job.... (if he could be arsed)
See! That's what the Bobby and Bill show has turned me into this Summer!

I can see it going back to 2 signings again now to be honest

Heres my spin on it
Looked like Shaqiri wasent going anywere so we went in for a loan move for him to inter which they probably thought its better than nothing so said yes its likely we can do this, we got excited and went to use out "attacking midfielder money" on a striker (Charlie Austin" hence why all of a sudden Martinez was saying he wanted a striker as we probably thought we were getting Shaqiri for just a small loan fee.
Inter went to stoke and said "listen everton want him on loan, is that offer still available?" Stoke said "eye go on then but this time make sure he comes talks to us"
Inter accept the Shaqiri bid and say to everton stoke have offered real coinage for him so we are accepting that.
We are now stuck with a situation were we thought we were getting Austin and shaqiri for around 15 million. Now the Shaqiri aint happening and a need for an AM is more I am guessing we are re arranging our budget choices or even just going for an AM and have to forget about a striker

Martinez only ever plays one winger though, that is his system.

Lennon is the most short-sighted signing ever, I really hope we don't get him in. Would he really be worth the £12.5m he'd likely cost us over the 3 years? Not even close, his performance will decline year on year.

Say Deulofeu costs the same over 3 years, his performances are likely to increase and he will have a value at the end of the third year. These are the type of players a club like us should be going for.

Shaqiri has shown how the tfr window works. He took a month to decide to go to Stoke, all the while waiting for better offers to become available.

Any player capable of improving our side, is also capable of improving Spurs, Stoke, Arsenal etc. So if we move for them now, the agents will advise the players to sit it out and see if they can get a better deal (happened so many times before to Everton). This is why most deals are done on deadline day, because they don't have as much time to hawk them around different clubs. So clubs may only be in negotiations with one club for a player. Fingers crossed Everton have their sights on some young talent who will become a star and are just waiting to rush it through at the last minute so we don't get pipped to the post.

Although having said that, with the amount of pressure on this mythical no. 10 already growing to un-reachable heights, I hope he has really thick skin.

That's a very good point, I never really thought about it that way

Test the water, I dare you.

6s89RM6.jpg

This "number 10 quest" is going to become the new Muller/Saunders/Hagi/Sean Davis/Riquelme/Moutinho.

I'd rather we bought no-one than bring in the likes of no-marks like Evans and Lennon. Unless they improve us significantly or have great potential, why bother? Mirallas and Deulofeu are both better than Lennon, and every defender in our academy is better than Evans!

Roll on 1 Sept so I can just be depressed in peace. I predict 8 points from the first 10 games, bit of a run before having our usual awful xmas, pick up in March just enough to avoid relegation and comfortably finish 10-14th. No movement on investment, new ground, commercial deals, etc etc.

Any chance Trevor Leahy will come in as our CEO? Or just anyone with an ounce of business sense or experience?

This "number 10 quest" is going to become the new Muller/Saunders/Hagi/Sean Davis/Riquelme/Moutinho.

I'd rather we bought no-one than bring in the likes of no-marks like Evans and Lennon. Unless they improve us significantly or have great potential, why bother? Mirallas and Deulofeu are both better than Lennon, and every defender in our academy is better than Evans!

Roll on 1 Sept so I can just be depressed in peace. I predict 8 points from the first 10 games, bit of a run before having our usual awful xmas, pick up in March just enough to avoid relegation and comfortably finish 10-14th. No movement on investment, new ground, commercial deals, etc etc.

Any chance Trevor Leahy will come in as our CEO? Or just anyone with an ounce of business sense or experience?
would say del & mirallas are deffo better than lennon, but to disregard what he did for us is a bit odd. He would be a very useful squad player for us, and FFS we are 1 game into the season and both Mirallas and Del are injured. Pienaar is done, and McGeady is awful. We need lennon,

this got me laughing too tbh.
"the window should be shut before the season starts " says the man who has spent the least in the transfer window and waited till the first day of the new season to say hes even looking at any players.
and his other genius comment today that "the defenders are trying too hard " ..... really ? the 2 goals conceded against Watford say otherwise imo.

he comes out with some total tosh .
It really isn't a a tough concept to comprehend.
If the transfer window closed before the seasons started, the players wouldn't be unsettled and you'd probably see better football.
But because the transfer window doesn't close before the season starts, Martinez is well within his rights to utilise the whole window and try and pick up the bargain buys and players as and when they come available.
To do otherwise would be foolhardy. If he only used the current transfer window up until the start of the season we'd miss out on great opportunities.

It isn't contradictory, hypocritical or tosh, in fact makes plenty of sense. Managers want to be able to have a settled side before the season starts. This 2/3 week period of games and an open transfer window makes their job harder.

I think the likes of Austin and Kane have to prove it was no one season wonder. The asking price for Austin who is no spring chicken is too high for a one good season player. In my humble opinion.

I can see it going back to 2 signings again now to be honest

Heres my spin on it
Looked like Shaqiri wasent going anywere so we went in for a loan move for him to inter which they probably thought its better than nothing so said yes its likely we can do this, we got excited and went to use out "attacking midfielder money" on a striker (Charlie Austin" hence why all of a sudden Martinez was saying he wanted a striker as we probably thought we were getting Shaqiri for just a small loan fee.
Inter went to stoke and said "listen everton want him on loan, is that offer still available?" Stoke said "eye go on then but this time make sure he comes talks to us"
Inter accept the Shaqiri bid and say to everton stoke have offered real coinage for him so we are accepting that.
We are now stuck with a situation were we thought we were getting Austin and shaqiri for around 15 million. Now the Shaqiri aint happening and a need for an AM is more I am guessing we are re arranging our budget choices or even just going for an AM and have to forget about a striker

We aren't buying Charlie Austin. Our Backup striker will be a loan on the last day of the season after all the Champions league places have been sorted. I still think ManUtd are looking for a big name striker this Summer, my guess is we'll get James Wilson on loan for the season in return for first option on Stones next Summer. Rom will still start every game he can still

As for Shaquiri, Everton will have offered Inter a loan with a smallish fee then a large sum next Summer to buy outright (probably totalling more than Stoke and paid for out of the Stones money when he goes) but Inter want the money now, so he's gone to Stoke.

We shall also pick up Evans, Lennon and a mythical no10 of ethnic origin (probably South American)

THE LESBIAN HAS SPURTED FORTH WISDOM!!!​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back