Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would you class as deadwood? Just asking your opinion here...

Just stick em all in a big storage bin then let people bid on them, whatever we can get is a bonus

uktv-storage-hunters-uk-14.jpg

MINE

We should give the youngsters as much playing time as we can this season - as we are clearly not in a financial position to buy ourselves a top 6 place.

I still think we need a left winger I personally want Ivan Perisic. Can't believe we weren't in for that Konoplankya who went to Selliva on a free.
Also, we might have been in for a player. Who would you sign for, back to back Europa league winners or us atm?

all of those listed will be gone within two years i'd say (possibly not Kev, Baines + Jags depending on how it goes), most next Summer. We do need some squad depth and at the moment they are only costing us wages (we'd have to sign someone else). Bobby is desperately trying to renew the team, he just needs bodies around to fill/cover the positions he's not been able to do yet.
With the probable exception of Kev, Baines and perhaps again Jags, none of those players would bring in enough to pay for their replacement if you could move them on.

but in 2 years some of our more youthful will be seniors (garbutt Galloway browning Holgate etc will be 2 years further into there development too) and would have had 4 or 5 years playing as a consistant unit. then we carry on the policy of getting/training up youth to come in behind (oo matron).

granted though, I think next seaon will be a very big important transfer window in terms of some of the older players and who we get in or wether we risk holding them until our younger players mature (that's probably the case to a slightly lesser extent this season)

This has bugged me too. Not so much that they haven't sold the deadwood this summer (considering they're all out injured), but more that they allowed so much deadwood to accumulate in the first place. Foresight is a privilege to an extent, but this regime seems especially committed to the past. It's odd.

I do see some outgoings occurring at the TDD. However I think it is hard to ship out people with one year left or injured until the deadline. As we want to see what comes in first and what is needed for depth. I can see McGeady leaving, and depending on who comes in at striker possibly Naismith ( who has more than one year ) I think at this point Pinnear we can't ship as he is hurt and Hibbert is done and will move into coaching.

I am to some extent thinking this is the final transition year of Martinez changing the squad to his liking with the remainder of older players shipping out or contracts expiring (less Jags, Baines, and possibly Howard, Barry and Osman) providing the veteran experience.

Barring something unusual: next season would be a clearing of some veteran wages off the bill:

Hibbert
Kobe
Pinnear

And possibly
Howard - transfer
Osman- retiring

Less likely
Barry (though I expect his role to be reduced by next year)

The question is will Marinez get the time? I hope so as I do think he is a guy that can bring something special to the team. But it does get frustrating in the moment during the transition. Basically we don't know the details of what is going on behind the scenes ( long range plan, financial restrictions, etc..) all we can do is speculate.

Can we have him as well?

I think we'd rather sell to EFC, than a top 4 club, because he's going to end up at a top 4 hopefully via another like Stones then we can have a 20% sell on, and get something like what we deserve for bringing him through. He's done what Stones did and signed a long term deal so Barnsley can negotiate a good deal with a decent sell on percentage, unlike Holgate who's on a one year and refusing to renew. That's why we're not getting what he's really worth .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back