Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's why Moyes's job was never in doubt too. And why with most managers when it went stale and they come under more pressure, these managers become more valuable to the board. They deflect much of the anger. The more people who think we don't win the league because Moyes won't play 2 up front, or Martinez is "tippy tappy" the better.

He is disposable now. Which makes him weak and more likely to accept the transfer window we're having uncritically.
I think they and RM will be helped by the new pecking order most are settling down to now though: top 6 looks like a newly created category that Everton cant reasonably expect to command as of right. If Everton get top half of the table now this will be viewed as very respectable. A good cup run would seal that perception of doing ok.

I think they and RM will be helped by the new pecking order most are settling down to now though: top 6 looks like a newly created category that Everton cant reasonably expect to command as of right. If Everton get top half of the table now this will be viewed as very respectable. A good cup run would seal that perception of doing ok.

not it the eyes of the rightly unjustifiably demanding fanbase they won't

I haven't got the faintest idea what you are talking about.
You said we were penny pinching and that how the players who you wanted us to bust the bank on played after the event was irrelevant. I'm saying being sensible with the cash isn't penny pinching, and how the players we recruit is very relevant. I likened what you wre saying to how Liverpool operated....ie they didn't penny pinch and ended up with an absolute crock of rubbish.

Yes just my opinion as well. I had long since suspected that Kenwright spins a web of deceit and half information to managers. Martinez and Moyes in different ways were both quite clinical. Listen to how Martinez talks of say "a number 8" or "a number 6". He knows what he wants from each position, and what level of squad depth he needs in each position. These are not Harry Redknap figures who will take someone from left field if they wee "a bit of a bargain".

Moyes was also very clinical and wanted particular types of players. I think both probably laid out plans and had them undermined by Kenwright not delivering on what they had promised. The last two years Martinez's stock has been high, so Kenwright has done more to accommodate him. This year he knows he doesn't have too.

Moyes just got worn down by it all. I think he gave up and refused to really engage in the windows as he didn't know where he stood.

So yes, in answer to the accusations to Martinez, it's the uncertainty that is underpinning our lack of transfer activity, not his stupidity.

I'm in no way condoning the way the club is run but perhaps they are trying to run the club within its means? Having just increased a number of key players wages too must affect budgets? I'd not want us to go mental with big signings if it may put us in significant debt. (And i do check this site and the rest of the net in the hope of big signings!). I think that Shaq lad at Stoke might be a bit of a nightmare though!

It's hilarious reading all the fume about Shakiri.
Inter are pretty crap at the moment, (they finished 8th last season) He was only with them for 6 months and scored once in 15 league appearances. We should be laughing at Stoke for spunking so much on him

It's hilarious reading all the fume about Shakiri.
Inter are pretty crap at the moment, (they finished 8th last season) He was only with them for 6 months and scored once in 15 league appearances. We should be laughing at Stoke for spunking so much on him
It's more of a frustration than anything. Myself included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back