Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is BS..cech looks better here, only reason being chelsea have a WAY better defense. and cech only played during small meaningless games, usually ones that chelsea dominated.
Cech was excellent against us and that wasn't a meaningless game or Chelsea wouldn't have been quite so keen to get Barry sent off and Terry wouldn't have celebrated the way he did at the end.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31124629

In going to celebrate the new Ospina interest with a few beers.
i can't stand the thought of Tim Howard in goal again next year.

Just checked Facebook to see what's going on and the club's page has this horrific image in their as part of their transfer rumours post
11221883_10152847721296277_2574645121786871318_n.jpg

Absolutely GTF.

He's hardly a reserve, he ousted Scezney, it's only because Wenger will have guaranteed Cech first team that he's available. By that logic you wouldn't want Cech because he was Courtois' reserve. Lukaku was fourth choice at Chelsea, who cares if when they get here they perform for Everton?
But, he is available because Wenger didn't have sufficient confidence in him to keep him as no. 1.

Seriously, are you comparing the Courtois/Cech situation logic with the Cech/ Ospina situation, then I have to say you are not dealing reality.Chelsea last season had two of the very best keepers in the world on their books and if Cech was available to Everton we probably would have blown our budget on him.
But, Ospina is neith Cech or Courtois and never will be. That is why he will stay at Arsenal as a reserve or go to the football mecca that is Turkey.

1. It's not going to happen overnight. The fact is they have probably beat us to our two top targets. Believe that if you must but there's a reason why all the links of our two most important positions to fill have dried up.

2. If you don't think as a club we have the potential to support a new stadium then that's fair enough. I disagree. But if you don't think that then why would you expect any person to invest in us.

3. I don't think that tickets will stay the same. I said they could do and still increase revenue because there's more seats and corporate boxes. We will have already paid for the stadium through the extra TV money. But yes they will increase because we will be looking to compete with the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, City, Chelsea and Utd and that requires paying our players more in wages. That cost will come from the fans. You can't expect success without paying for it but hopefully there will be more pricing tiers so people aren't priced out of it either.

4. They all played except Stones.

5. Because you can't develop a team that way without being able to then also afford their wages. If Rom develops into a World Class striker he will want 200K a week. We can't afford to pay him that even with Champions League money. It's the reality of modern football.

Although I won't be responding again because this isn't the thread to do it.

Hahahahahaha. They beat us to our top two targets. They must have turned their nose up at Deulofeu.

You're the biggest hank ever to grace a Transfer thread on here, and trust me the competition is hot.

Last edited:

Is this the Palace Transfer Window Thread?

If you want to discuss your favourite London club I can make one mate.

ha i didnt explain that one properly - in the context of us looking for a reasonably priced playmaker, Palace have just signed a proven premier league one

1. It's not going to happen overnight. The fact is they have probably beat us to our two top targets. Believe that if you must but there's a reason why all the links of our two most important positions to fill have dried up.

2. If you don't think as a club we have the potential to support a new stadium then that's fair enough. I disagree. But if you don't think that then why would you expect any person to invest in us.

3. I don't think that tickets will stay the same. I said they could do and still increase revenue because there's more seats and corporate boxes. We will have already paid for the stadium through the extra TV money. But yes they will increase because we will be looking to compete with the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, City, Chelsea and Utd and that requires paying our players more in wages. That cost will come from the fans. You can't expect success without paying for it but hopefully there will be more pricing tiers so people aren't priced out of it either.

4. They all played except Stones.

5. Because you can't develop a team that way without being able to then also afford their wages. If Rom develops into a World Class striker he will want 200K a week. We can't afford to pay him that even with Champions League money. It's the reality of modern football.

Although I won't be responding again because this isn't the thread to do it.

1. what makes you think they were our top 2 targets? Because the paper said so? there has been no official or resputable source to say we have been after them so i would put my neck out here and say we were never after them.

2. Noone will invest in us, thats the problem we have!

3. Simple question, if we cant sell our tickets now why would we if they cot 200 quid more?

4. Yes they all played but they werent younger replacements as you make out, baines was signed because we didnt have a left back!

5. if rom develops then we will sell him because he will be too good for us. Unless 4-5 players all develop at the same rate then pretty much he will fire us up the league so we can sustain him or we will sell him and probably at that point reinvest a huge amount into the team.

But, he is available because Wenger didn't have sufficient confidence in him to keep him as no. 1.

Seriously, are you comparing the Courtois/Cech situation logic with the Cech/ Ospina situation, then I have to say you are not dealing reality.Chelsea last season had two of the very best keepers in the world on their books and if Cech was available to Everton we probably would have blown our budget on him.
But, Ospina is neith Cech or Courtois and never will be. That is why he will stay at Arsenal as a reserve or go to the football mecca that is Turkey.

Don't understand why you're making out he's a poor player. Had Cech not come available he would be first choice for Arsenal this season, like he is for Colombia. Yes he's not as good as Cech or Courtois but he is leagues above Howard in the goalkeeping stakes. The likes of Cech and Courtois are beyond our reach but Ospina is one of the best of the rung below. Would be a great keeper to get especially at the rumoured price.

1. what makes you think they were our top 2 targets? Because the paper said so? there has been no official or resputable source to say we have been after them so i would put my neck out here and say we were never after them.

2. Noone will invest in us, thats the problem we have!

3. Simple question, if we cant sell our tickets now why would we if they cot 200 quid more?

4. Yes they all played but they werent younger replacements as you make out, baines was signed because we didnt have a left back!

5. if rom develops then we will sell him because he will be too good for us. Unless 4-5 players all develop at the same rate then pretty much he will fire us up the league so we can sustain him or we will sell him and probably at that point reinvest a huge amount into the team.
More people will pay and those people will pay more to watch a more successful team. Even if he does fire us into the champions league then the extra money won't be able to keep up with the wages and transfer demands of a team in the champions league. The stadium will give us the foundation to build in a sustainable way. Have we not learnt from the mistakes of the 90s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back