Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant believe Newcastle are signing Mitrovic for £12mil and Wijnaldum £13mil. Both exceptional buys for McLaren, not sure if Wijnaldum would have been exactly what were looking for but Mitrovic would have been a great signing to rotate with Lukaku at that price, only £6mil more than Kone.

Ogbonna isn't worth crying over, I've watched him a lot and he's not anything special - he's certainly not as good as Jags or Stones. For what they've paid, I really do think we could get better for less.

Our 3rd choice CB wont be a bench warmer, Jags is 33 next month, he wont play every game, neither will Stones, both will pick up suspensions and injury, I reckon whoever we bring in will play abar 20 games, if we get some decent cup runs.

Our 3rd choice CB wont be a bench warmer, Jags is 33 next month, he wont play every game, neither will Stones, both will pick up suspensions and injury, I reckon whoever we bring in will play abar 20 games, if we get some decent cup runs.

So he's 3rd choice anyways. Bench warmer.

Ogbonna isn't worth crying over, I've watched him a lot and he's not anything special - he's certainly not as good as Jags or Stones. For what they've paid, I really do think we could get better for less.
I agree he didn't impress me either. What's worrying is that he would appear to be Martinez's choice and we were beat by West Ham.

I agree he didn't impress me either. What's worrying is that he would appear to be Martinez's choice and we were beat by West Ham.

He could have been his 3rd or 4th choice for all we know. It's like that with any transfer - Lukaku wasn't Martinez's first choice 2 years ago, but it turned out well.

If we'd lost out on a really good defender, I'd be gutted, but we haven't. If he wasn't Italian and didn't play for Juve, Ogbonna's market value would be £3-4m.

If Ogbonna had picked us over West Ham you would all be " Jizzing " and talking about his ten caps for Italy.

Same with Payet, you all talked about his assists and everything. Truth is, we are below West Ham in the food chain now. Stoke are coming up to surpass us soon as well. Expanding its stadium and corporate facilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back