Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our 3rd choice CB wont be a bench warmer, Jags is 33 next month, he wont play every game, neither will Stones, both will pick up suspensions and injury, I reckon whoever we bring in will play abar 20 games, if we get some decent cup runs.

Exactly, whoever we sign is most likely gonna be Jags' successor, everyone seems to think we're just buying cover. I don't know if that Ogbonna is good enough to replace Jags so I'm kind of glad we didn't get him.

So Everton loses out to Swansea, Newcastle, West Ham... go ahead and say it's because we didn't want them anyway or of course we were outbid.

If Ogbonna had picked us over West Ham you would all be " Jizzing " and talking about his ten caps for Italy.

Same with Payet, you all talked about his assists and everything. Truth is, we are below West Ham in the food chain now. Stoke are coming up to surpass us soon as well. Expanding its stadium and corporate facilities.
Corporate facilities for slack jawed business people

I would be happy if we signed Scott Dann, not least because he will be fighting for a first team place if he comes. I can't stand this idea of guaranteed starters, and I have little interest in signing players who have so little confidence in their ability that they are prepared to sit on the bench.

Exactly, whoever we sign is most likely gonna be Jags' successor, everyone seems to think we're just buying cover. I don't know if that Ogbonna is good enough to replace Jags so I'm kind of glad we didn't get him.

Dann is not good enough to replace Jags either. It would be be interesting to see where we will go by the start of season.

I would be happy if we signed Scott Dann, not least because he will be fighting for a first team place if he comes. I can't stand this idea of guaranteed starters, and I have little interest in signing players who have so little confidence in their ability that they are prepared to sit on the bench.

Slow and 1 good PL season with a midtable team. With the quoted price, he is not a sensible signing, at all. I don't know who will Martinez goes with but we need a CB who is as good as Jags.

Dann is not good enough to replace Jags either. It would be be interesting to see where we will go by the start of season.

Not sure about that, think they're very similar players. Think the Dann ship has sailed anyway, strong rumours he's signing a new contract isn't there? Honestly not sure where Martinez will turn to, he must have a decent size list of names though. Maybe he'll be forced to turn to Van Dijk which will please a lot of fans.

Slow and 1 good PL season with a midtable team. With the quoted price, he is not a sensible signing, at all. I don't know who will Martinez goes with but we need a CB who is as good as Jags.

I think he is a solid defender, but I certainly agree with your last sentence. We need a centre back that is capable of fighting for a first team place. If you buy guff that 'can do a job' then you end up with someone like Alcaraz, who, despite a large proportion of Evertonians insisting that "He can do a job" and isn't "That bad", was actually utter garbage from start to finish.

so let me get this right, crystal palace and their nobheadish manager Alan pardew believe that a 28 year old scott dann who is not even an international player is worth about 4 x more than a 21 year old spanish international winger with over 60 international caps at youth level and was deemed to be the next best youth prospect at the best country in the world.

interesting logic crystal palace, can I have some your shrooms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back