Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is true, they must have gotten a tip from someone friendly. They certainly didn't go hunting for this kind of prospect, particularly when he's 22 (and has to be registered), and particularly with McAleny playing well enough in the preseason.

So the coaching staff might not be convinced McAleny can really make a mark in the PL, right? Well it's highly unlikely they saw anything from Rodriguez to be sure he's better than McAleny. Someone must have told them they'd be daft not to take a flier on him.
i think we've upped our scouting staff in countries like this mate so maybe they had a tip and watched him a few times and thought it's worth the risk, we don't have the finances to compete with the top clubs so we have to find this type of player / cheap player to hopefully unearth gems and survive.

1) Martinez hasn't proven to me he can sign a defender.

2) I think in a contempory sense Argentina are relatively poor at the back and this lad struggles to get a cap.

3) He has never played in the PL and Its an if as to whether he can.

4) Despite Peoppe claiming they watch river plate every week, I would say there is no one on this forum who has watched him play over 5 times - if they are being truthful, so generally no body knows anything about him bar googling him and you tubeing him.

2) I think in a contempory sense Argentina are relatively poor at the back and this lad struggles to get a cap.

4) Despite Peoppe claiming they watch river plate every week, I would say there is no one on this forum who has watched him play over 5 times - if they are being truthful, so generally no body knows anything about him bar googling him and you tubeing him.
he was after john stones, he is a pretty good defender.

He signed Alcaraz as a third choice back up, thats all he was and all he needed to be.

At Wigan he was under a completely different type of budget / transfer status so he couldn't bring in amazing defenders even if he wanted to.

This is the first proper defender he has bought for us, aside from Holgate.

So give the lad a chance, ey?

added to that, the same argument you use about none of us seeing him applies to you, also.

You're a good lad and usually have sound judgement so stop fretting about it and just give him a chance, he could be a bargain, he could be a waste but we have to give him the chance and opportunities.

He seems like a good pro off the pitch who the fans love for a reason, he apparently speaks good english so should settle in well, theres loads of positives to it, sure theres a risk but that is football.

Christ lad, stop being a downer , he's new and foreign that's all that matters

1. ....

JS48277805.jpg

2. City have just paid £30m for an Argentine centreback haven't they? £30m!!

3. See point two.

4. Maybe you're right but this a quite a wide and varied forum so maybe you're wrong again..

he was after john stones, he is a pretty good defender.

He signed Alcaraz as a third choice back up, thats all he was and all he needed to be.

At Wigan he was under a completely different type of budget / transfer status so he couldn't bring in amazing defenders even if he wanted to.

This is the first proper defender he has bought for us, aside from Holgate.

So give the lad a chance, ey?

Of course you give a chance, I didn't say anything to the contrary. I just said I didn't like the look it.

Your basically agreeing with my concerns mate, your trying to excus the fact that their are genuine concerns about a Martinez ability to pick a defender, TBF I think your points are reaching at best. Your basically saying he's never signed a decent defender. He hasn't.

I like Bobby mind, but a horse with a cone on its forhead doesn't make it a unicorn, nor a world class centre back. But fully behind the lad.

Last edited:
Of course you give a chance, I didn't say anything to the contrary. I just said I didn't like the look it.

Your basically agreeing with my concerns mate, your trying to excus the fact that their are genuine concerns about a Martinez ability to pick a defender, TBF I think your points are reaching at best. Your basically saying he's never signed a decent defender. He hasn't.

I like Bobby mind, but a horse with a cone on its forgead doesn't make it a unicorn, nor a world class centre back. But fully behind the lad.
i think he signed decent center halves for that level, alcaraz was very good for wigan, was was Ramis before he was injured.

But because of how smaller wigan are to us, it's hard for us to say 'that was a good signing...' because we are a totally different caliber of squad to theirs.

I'm not that worried i think he'll settle in and do a good job, just don't be so glum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back