Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree i reckon we will have another 9 or 10 million max to spend unless we sell

I agree, probably waiting for a few 'minor' outs to see if we get any funds in eg McGeady, and how the wage bill reduces. Still think it's either a CB, AM or GK if Howard goes to USA, so not sure which way to spend it yet.

I think patience is the key now until we get an out.

I am making an opinion on watching him for the last 5 years you pompous prik.
I will support him cos i am a fan and i hope he does well but at the same time i am making my opinion on watching him and not how he does on fm.
No need to call me brain dead because you don't agree with what i have put.
You sound like you are about 9 with comments like that

Not you per se. Completely pompous and condescending - yes. Not 9 - 38 !

Not on my phone so rant is unlikely.
Payet an wijnaldum are class players who we would have loved here.
His point is we are so called in for these class players and they choose lesser clubs than us which is a worry.
Also don't get carried away with cleverley he is an average midfielder who tends to play a lot sideways.
He is not in the same league as wijnaldum.
Window is open for 6 weeks but the early signs are not good if we are losing out to newcastle and west ham for class players.
Good player Wjinaldum , but theres not one shred to say we were in for him.
Only Bobby telling some supporters last week that we werent....not worth getting worked up over it.

I'd be happy if Cleverley was 'bang average' every game. We need someone who can play in multiple positions and be consistent and relied upon when brought into the team. Villa and Wigan fans rated him as way above average though as did Ferguson and Sherwood.

Good to have a player like that on the bench.

when i was living in watford, i had a season ticket in 2009 when Cleverley was on loan, he was outstanding.
Hodgson once said 'I suppose you could say Tom Cleverley is an attacking midfield player - but he's an attacking midfield player in the same way Cesc Fabregas is' id agree.

in a villa team that is literally falling to pieces and as a scholes replacement he had to do a job, he is a very good player.

Can you honestly hand on heart claim to know anything about Wijnaldum or Payet other than what you see on YouTube or read online? IF they were all that then top clubs would be in for them - plus it's all conjecture as to if we ever were!

Cleverley may pass sideways. So did Arteta. He was good. I would reserve judgement on Cleverley for the time being. Remember the furore when we signed McCarthy? He's turned out ok ! As for him not being in same class as Wijnaldum I reckon Cleverley would rip the Eredivisie up if he played there. Ligue 1 too.
Erm............ we are a Top Club Jay.
The rest is pretty much spot on tho ;)

The manager must have fancied these players so like i said its a worry we are losing out to newcastle and west ham. We all have money now or should have
I would argue that both Newcastle and West Ham will have more cash at their disposal than ourselves during this summer window.

With the Barcodes, they've got regularly high attendance, little debt and have made reasonable profits meaning Ashley can invest this season.

Gold and Sullivan are pretty savvy too: they've got the new stadium coming up so I'm sure they'll bank on that increasing revenue soon.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't have money, but with our business model I think we'll be limited. Still, this window is beginning to concern me.

You always expect such clubs to bring in names during the summer and many often turn out to be tosh. However, it feels different this summer.

A lot of clubs seem to be showing a sign of intent by their dealings. Wijnaldum is a good player! Payet and Ogbonna aren't too shabby either.

Stoke attempting to get Shaqiri as well! Yes they're only a few examples but people are looking for quality and are willing to spend to strengthen.

People may mention that many of the top clubs haven't brought in many names yet, although their situation and our own aren't compatible.

Many of the clubs above us last season simply need some tinkering: a marquee signing here or there. We need a fair few new faces to come in.

I think Cleverely isn't that bad of a signing and I am happy with Delboy's return, however we are still very thin on the ground. We also need talent.

I for one are anxious (especially after last season's debacle) that we could easily be left behind, and/or others will begin to close the gap on us.

Obviously I am not suggesting panic stations or what not... it is only early and there is over a month and a half left for us to do our dealings.

I just hope that Martinez is playing his own game rather than losing out to others at theirs. The quicker we get it sorted the sooner people will jell.

The irony.
You called me brain dead because i have an oinion different to you that is what a spoilt child would do.
I said you were over the top in your opinions about cleverley you seem to think we have the next messi with him and i said he had had an average 5 years in the prem which he has had.
Like i say its like talking to a child the way you reacted
If you can't debate like a grown up don't come on the forum

You called me brain dead because i have an oinion different to you that is what a spoilt child would do.
I said you were over the top in your opinions about cleverley you seem to think we have the next messi with him and i said he had had an average 5 years in the prem which he has had.
Like i say its like talking to a child the way you reacted
If you can't debate like a grown up don't come on the forum

You and I have no oinions in common. This is true. Mainly as I know not what an "oinion" is !

Never have I nor will I ever compare Messi to Cleverley. That would be pure folly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back