Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be so quick to write off Bernard. Ok he hasn't settled in Russia, but there could be many reasons for that other than the actual football.

It doesn't seem to be the easiest place for people to settle who don't come from there.

He's only 22 years old and clearly has talent.

I remember when Arteta showed glimpses of his quality as a young lad at Rangers but was soon off back to Spain as he couldn't settle and struggled to adapt to the demands of the British game.

When we signed him from Sociedad at 23 years old the same reservations were there for him but he turned out to be a fabulous player for us.

It would be a risk spending big on him sure, but he'd be an intriguing signing and I'd sooner take a punt on him than go the Lennon/Moses/Januzaj route.
Cleverly didn't work out when he went back to Manure either, but already he's proving it's which manager manages you that matters most.

I know that deep down but we were had agreed £5M for Mori and bidding £14M for yarmolenko

What is the plan for getting these gets out of our club
Kenwright Earl Woods Elstone
Is it possible we can form a supporters takeover?
Where do we go from here. We can't continue this way!

We will be paying on the drip for Mori - don't believe in a million years we have paid that up front, one of the better reasons for buying from abroad is because they accept payment terms - majority of clubs in England require fee upfront.

I dont think we where ever getting Yarmolenko without selling someone, personal opinion there, we had obviously been negotiating and my guess that was negotiating the terms of payment, IE on the drip, when we walked away.

I dont know mate, honestly dont. the fact is as a fan base we are too fragmented - if we where more unified and worried more about the club, then the hate of bill, or the people who hate the hate of bill, we would probably be in a better position.

The press will be loving this Stones stuff now. As well as the million articles re: him leaving they can now link us to any and all centre-backs in world football to keep their paper space full, sigh.

We need to prepare the thread for the incoming jarg!

s-VX3gnJHQb9oPY8ZTR2IGnG7xh3dabtHKu2B8w3Mwk_bX_F_6VGbswfNPn6mvryGiV2mI4mr1Suup7yC625JWf4xWYE90eXJZc_8EwWwtSe9yotwgZZWFHVJPseWgwy1QRs7Mdnpuc7WapWrSm5mYe5BMc=w434-h339-nc

Doesn't "handing in a transfer request" normally mean that the player gives up some payments they are due in the event of a transfer? So for example, Stones might be due £5m of any transfer if we sell him, where as now he is due nothing.

He must know that Chelsea are coming back in with a bid, he has probably already agreed terms with them.

I just hope we get some players in before the deadline or there is a good chance we will be bottom after the next 8 games

What Kenwright and Martinez do in the next 6 days will decide how this season pans out .

We need decisive action one way or another.

Either tell Stones he isn't going and spend £20 million or so on the 3 positions we need anyway

or

Sell asap for £40 million or so and give £50 /60 million to Martinez and pray that he can come up with a replacement , playmaker , winger/striker ( and presumably Mori )

What Kenwright and Martinez do in the next 6 days will decide how this season pans out .

We need decisive action one way or another.

Either tell Stones he isn't going and spend £20 million or so on the 3 positions we need anyway

or

Sell asap for £40 million or so and give £50 /60 million to Martinez and pray that he can come up with a replacement , playmaker , winger/striker ( and presumably Mori )
Martinez will never be given £50/£60 million to spend. No matter how many of the Crown Jewels Kenwright sells.

Ok, Im going to bed. When I wake up I hope for 5 things:
5) Fazio, Mori, Rodriguez, Bernard are know where near our football club.

1. Fazio is so slow it's unbelieveable, he would be a disaster as our defence apart from Coleman is not the quickest anyway,
2. Mori is totally untried at the premier level and it's a massive gamble to expect him to slot straight into the team, work permit issues anyway so might not even end being granted a permit,
3. Rodriguez scoring record in a very poor uruguayan league is not good, could end up being ok but more likely will end up at in a lower league club. Work permit issues with this guy as well see above.
4. Bernard is probably the best of the 4 mentioned but at only 5' 4" tall he will get pushed off the ball far too easily and he would cost a fortune , we really need a playmaker, striker and central defender not another lightweight winger

£24m for Lescott.
£27.5m for Fellaini after his release clause lapsed. He wouldn't have fitted Roberto's style of play and his sale funded Lukaku's purchase.
£6m Anichebe
£6.5 Jelavic
£12m Rodwell and his spaghetti hamstrings
£3m Beckford after arriving on a free

We don't sell cheaply. Evans is a possibility, I suppose. Although, if we had Jags, Mori and Evans it's difficult to see how Roberto is going to get Browning and Galloway into the first team and I think that's what he's plotting.

....I'd forgotten it was 6 million for VICTOR, based on that alone I take back EVERYTHING bad I've ever said about our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back