Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be interesting to see if we do release a statement today, and if we do what it will say. Can't see Stones being involved today unfortunately. Shame cos' a lot of Barnsley fans will have been turing up to see him play.

i look at it like this

2 scenarios all related to Stones.

1. He goes...alrighty we get a large injection of cash. what bothers me is that without the sale we SHOULD have another 20m so roughly we should have 60m, i dont know how much will be swallowed up but thats 2 Marquee signings at least, first 11 players. thats how a club should use these sales, not buy 5-6 players. stick to buying 3 players. MASSIVELY uprgade the calibre of the team to top4 pushers. both the redsh*ts and spurz spent their transfer money wrong

2. He stays, he is a professional so he will play hard again regardless of transfer request or not. hopefully we can still get a big playermaker in.

Or 3. We sell Stones, bank 90% of it, bring in Jonny Evans and Aaron Lennon and have another relegation scrap.

i look at it like this

2 scenarios all related to Stones.

1. He goes...alrighty we get a large injection of cash. what bothers me is that without the sale we SHOULD have another 20m so roughly we should have 60m, i dont know how much will be swallowed up but thats 2 Marquee signings at least, first 11 players. thats how a club should use these sales, not buy 5-6 players. stick to buying 3 players. MASSIVELY uprgade the calibre of the team to top4 pushers. both the redsh*ts and spurz spent their transfer money wrong

2. He stays, he is a professional so he will play hard again regardless of transfer request or not. hopefully we can still get a big playermaker in.

We havent got another £20m. if we did, Yarmolenko would be an Everton player right now.

Apparently we walked away because their president wasnt liking our "on the drip" offer.

Remy and Oscar should be asked for as 'make-weights'... but I don't see anyway that they'd be given to us permanently. In which case, tell them to take their oligarchical money-throwing elsewhere, 'cos otherwise we are just allowing Chelsea to give us money we can't spend whilst weakening us and keeping us at arm's length. Vile club.

We havent got another £20m. if we did, Yarmolenko would be an Everton player right now.

Apparently we walked away because their president wasnt liking our "on the drip" offer.

haha so we should go back with stones money. walk in with big swinging d**ks and say here 18 million cash

upload_2015-8-26_10-50-49.webp

The only problem at that point is he, apparently after talks, going to be going to Arsenal.

when you drag your feet with good players they get off somewhere else, we should have at least got onto that fact from our history.

its an age old everton problem, i still maintain that if the agent/owner wants yarms to go to the ''right club''. it would be us. but that just BS they will take best cash offer.

The only problem at that point is he, apparently after talks, going to be going to Arsenal.

when you drag your feet with good players they get off somewhere else, we should have at least got onto that fact from our history.
We could have got Yarmolenko but we needed to wrap up the deal quickly by offering Kiev a deal they wouldn't refuse. One that matched their valuation.

If they had of done that then I think he would be our player however we didn't and Pedro left Barca and we will miss out. The only hope is that @roydo's contacts are right and this is just all a ploy by Kiev however I'm not hopeful. I guess not long to go before we know for sure.

I have weird faith in Roberto that this is going to work out ok.

He put Baines in his place the little indie whopper, he can do the same with Stones.
So far RM has done what he has said he would do - Fellaini was moved on because he did not fit the style, but Baines was kept as RM felt he was important. The same has been said about Stones, so judging from what RM usually does, he will not entertain a new Chelsea offer regardless of the transfer request.

I am really beginning to see this as a win win situation - either we get £40 m. which would enable us to get a good replacement, a good striker and a top playmaker. On the other hand if we reject the offer, we will have a potential world class defender, whos value will only heighten, the rumours about Yarmolenko and Bernard show that there is money to spend on a playmaker.

We could have got Yarmolenko but we needed to wrap up the deal quickly by offering Kiev a deal they wouldn't refuse. One that matched their valuation.

If they had of done that then I think he would be our player however we didn't and Pedro left Barca and we will miss out. The only hope is that @roydo's contacts are right and this is just all a ploy by Kiev however I'm not hopeful. I guess not long to go before we know for sure.

My gut feeling is we are done and out of the running, think our smoke and mirrors was true, then Dynamo done the same... but it actually caught on hahaha.

We are done with Yarmolenko in my opinion, took too long due to not having funding in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back