Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the minute we have Del, Ossie, Cleverley, Pienaar, Barkley, Mirallas, Naismith, Kone, Lukaku, McGeady and conceivably Oviedo to take up just 4 places in the side.

I think people are kidding themselves if they expect another attacking player to arrive, without the departure of two others.

Where has he said we are interested in Lennon AFTER getting Deulofeu?
Ogbonna has not confirmed the transfer fee offered nor wages offered nor if there was even a bid made.
Martinez is playing transfer window games, its almost a guarantee he will bring in more than 2 with loans used.
Why would I believe O'Keefe, does Martinez send him a list of targets and a budget with Elstones signature on?

Nothing close to a 'sure thing' if it was you'd take that other bet offer...

Well most of that is.

Martinez has said we're interested in Lennon and Lennon has said he's willing to wait until the end of the window.
Ogbonna has pretty much confirmed that
Martinez said we're looking at a couple of positions only recently
There's no money left if you believe O'Keeffe figure after those two signings.

It's as close to a sure thing as you get in the window.

These three are nailed on;

RW - Deulofeu
LW - Mirallas
CF - Lukaku

Cleverley / Barkley I think will be in amongst the centre midfielders
Osman / Pienaar on the bench for a season but could be downhill fast this year and we saw what happened to Distin.
Oviedo on the bench as utility player

McGeady/Naismith/Kone should be punted into oblivion. Surely if there was a poll on here with those 3 sold for say £10-12.5mil and that money thrown into the pot for a playmaker then it would be 95% in favour...

At the minute we have Del, Ossie, Cleverley, Pienaar, Barkley, Mirallas, Naismith, Kone, Lukaku, McGeady and conceivably Oviedo to take up just 4 places in the side.

I think people are kidding themselves if they expect another attacking player to arrive, without the departure of two others.

I can see us bringing in 3 players, centre back, playmaker and then maybe loan a striker. We could really do with shipping two though.

Exactly and we aren't even in Europe.

These three are nailed on;

RW - Deulofeu
LW - Mirallas
CF - Lukaku

Cleverley / Barkley I think will be in amongst the centre midfielders
Osman / Pienaar on the bench for a season but could be downhill fast this year and we saw what happened to Distin.
Oviedo on the bench as utility player

McGeady/Naismith/Kone should be punted into oblivion. Surely if there was a poll on here with those 3 sold for say £10-12.5mil and that money thrown into the pot for a playmaker then it would be 95% in favour...
Most of us want that but it's not looking likely at this point.

Where has he said we are interested in Lennon AFTER getting Deulofeu?
Ogbonna has not confirmed the transfer fee offered nor wages offered nor if there was even a bid made.
Martinez is playing transfer window games, its almost a guarantee he will bring in more than 2 with loans used.
Why would I believe O'Keefe, does Martinez send him a list of targets and a budget with Elstones signature on?

Nothing close to a 'sure thing' if it was you'd take that other bet offer...
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...-Tottenham-Deal-Gerard-Deulofeu-Bargain-Offer

He pretty much did

He might well bring them in on loans. Hence a big risk with the bet.

O'Keeffe. I don't know why I believed that figure but I just had a gut feeling it was right. I said "close to a sure thing" I also said I wouldn't take it if it was a 1 in a million chance.

Cleverley will probably be playing in the middle and I doubt Oviedo will be considered further forward, he'll just be left back cover since Garbutt is being loaned out.

I don't think we need to ship two to be able to bring one in. McGeady out, playmaker in, Kone out, striker in would be fine in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back