Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Directly after the world cup he was ranked as one of the most bankable sports personalities in america which takes some doing, weird how they all latched onto him. There certainly won't be a shortage of takers and they'd pay him what he'd want no problem
And the whole massive Nike campaign...

As we dropped them. Opportunity missed there.

Such is the danger of relying the press - one makes a rumour up, others then speculate, speculation turns into worried conjecture for fans and so on, until you have convinced yourself that the player not inly is leaving, but never really loved you... err us in the first place. Then unhinged folk fume about the player and stage club shop boycotts.*

Then we see frustrations of the level headed fans, however I do think Adversus here (made up info or not) is attempting to remain on the positive side, as opposed to just saying "that's it he's going, let's never buy an away shirt again"......

TL;DR

We could solve all this by sending Jim White far, far away, forever.

* Have you ever read the replies to Everton's Twitter and Instagram posts? I caught a glimpse of something the other day, some of the replies were along the lines of "I'm waiting to see how may players we buy before buying a shirt". As if the purchase of a player hinges crucially on one away shirt sale. I'm not slating our fans here, or the fans in question, more the way the social media aspect of modern fandom, and indeed the predisposition to fuming, can go.

This post is far too sensible and level headed for this thread. Shame on you Groucho! :p

Jordie Classie set to sign for Southampton

Que the we are being left behind while other clubs are buying up all the talent posts.

What are the odds at 11am this thread is busier than the match thread

I think selling:
Naismith
Howard
McGeady
Gibson
Kone

Is more of a priority than selling McCarthy for big money. The wages there are incredible.

I kind of thought when Martinez came in there would be a big clear out, but it didn't really happen, I guess the squad was probably too small. I kind of think now that we will never do that type of thing, just because we would struggle to find clubs who would want to pay real money for these players and the players we could get in to replace them wouldn't be as good or we would need to spend serious money, that the board are not prepared to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back