Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://thetoffeetalk.com/2015/07/15/martinez-mccarthy-not-for-sale/

Martinez reckon's McCarthy isn't for sale, apparently he said this after the game today

“There are two reasons why James McCarthy is not for sale,” said Martinez. “The first is that Everton are a club that has balanced its books, it is not a club that needs to sell anybody. The second is that James McCarthy has been a strong performer for me for a number of seasons. I know exactly how he performs, he is a central part of my plans so the answer would be no.”

I'll drop this here in case anyone's interested or in need of something to discuss. Via Sky.com's transfer tracker:

Everton are interested in signing two Barcelona academy graduates. Manager Roberto Martinez is keen to add Adama Traore and Sergi Roberto on permanent deals. (Liverpool Echo)

Can't seem to find anything beyond that, even on the Echo's website.

Actually the Echo posted this story back in March -
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...ws/everton-fc-transfer-gossip-toffees-8808346

Today's transfer gossip not reaching its usual high standards of accuracy and integrity !

Adama Traore would be good for us as we only have Deulofeu on the right.

Mirallas and Pienaar on the left would also mean McGeady would be surplus...win win.

Roberto i cant see happening unless we offload someone in centre midfield and we need to move players on there anyway...

I'll drop this here in case anyone's interested or in need of something to discuss. Via Sky.com's transfer tracker:

Everton are interested in signing two Barcelona academy graduates. Manager Roberto Martinez is keen to add Adama Traore and Sergi Roberto on permanent deals. (Liverpool Echo)

Can't seem to find anything beyond that, even on the Echo's website.

Adama Traore would be good for us as we only have Deulofeu on the right.

Mirallas and Pienaar on the left would also mean McGeady would be surplus...win win.

Roberto i cant see happening unless we offload someone in centre midfield and we need to move players on there anyway...

Traore isn't good enough for us yet, or at least not as a straight up back up. We need a proven, quality playmaker/winger, and I think we'll get one.

Traore would be a loan i think + Roberto who knows.

Both potentially good signings on loan with potential to buy both later i would think, especially Roberto and maybe Traore if Barca keep signing players for January...he plays RW same as Deulofeu and i think they signed another RW already.

Are they likely to sell another couple of academy grads to us after the backlash over Deulofeu?

Whichever way you look at it, he's a better option than McGeady and i think would probably have a similar effect to Deulofeu in his first spell.

Roberto is interesting as well as we keep being linked to him but would surely need to move on some players. I think McCarthy/Besic + Cleverley/ Barkley will be the centre and Osman/Gibson off in 12months but Barry longer...

Traore isn't good enough for us yet, or at least not as a straight up back up. We need a proven, quality playmaker/winger, and I think we'll get one.

Lukaku backup and a playmaker.

........for me today's performance indicated we might be ok for back-up at CB or at least it's not absolute priority. What we could do with, however, is some proper back-up of Lukaku. At this point in time we would face a problem if he's injured.

Are they likely to sell another couple of academy grads to us after the backlash over Deulofeu?

Cant imagine they want to sell the prospects, however Barca B were relegated to the 3rd division which wont benefit the development of the B players. Probably want to loan as many as they can to play at a higher standard, but I though Sergi Roberto was part of the 1st team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back