Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
we should try and sign michu - he was sent out on loan last season and seems like swansea dont really want him, would be a much better option than kone

i think there's a reason why nobody had heard of him before he came to swansea and has done nothing since that one goal

Looks like Delph has committed (again) to Villa having turned down chance to join Man City.
He turned down City because he'd get splinters in his rectum if he went there. No way he starts ahead of Yaya, Fernando and Fernandinho, so his international career would grind to a halt. If he came here he would be a regular starter, particularly if McCarthy was sold during the same window. The mere fact he turned City down shows that money is not the main factor for him, which means:

a) we'd actually have a chance of offering him a financial deal he could go for; and
b) he's the type of character we should be considering

Unless he grew up a Villa fan, I don't see what would keep him there ahead of coming to us. They have less chance of qualifying for Europe than we do.

i think there's a reason why nobody had heard of him before he came to swansea and has done nothing since that one goal
billy big mouth found his balls has he

he scored 22 goals in 43 appearances

your the type of guy who would have turned harry kane away

id consider letting mcarthy go, cant see him signing a new contract, best opportunity to sell know, 20million plus

Eh?
Its not him thats refusing to sign one, the Club are being bellends and not offering him one. If we put one infront of him with the promised terms he'd sign it in a heartbeat. He loves it here.

I find it hard to believe that we wouldn't jump at the chance of giving him a new contract, I think its being used as an excuse to say I wanted a contract but they never offered it so I had no choice but to leave,

I find it hard to believe that we wouldn't jump at the chance of giving him a new contract, I think its being used as an excuse to say I wanted a contract but they never offered it so I had no choice but to leave,

No its not.
He has no intention of leaving, simple.

billy big mouth found his balls has he

he scored 22 goals in 43 appearances

your the type of guy who would have turned harry kane away

yep, kane's a one-hit wonder. you get a lot of them. they're obviously talented otherwise they wouldn't be professional footy players but it doesn't make them consistent.

He turned down City because he'd get splinters in his rectum if he went there. No way he starts ahead of Yaya, Fernando and Fernandinho, so his international career would grind to a halt. If he came here he would be a regular starter, particularly if McCarthy was sold during the same window. The mere fact he turned City down shows that money is not the main factor for him, which means:

a) we'd actually have a chance of offering him a financial deal he could go for; and
b) he's the type of character we should be considering

Unless he grew up a Villa fan, I don't see what would keep him there ahead of coming to us. They have less chance of qualifying for Europe than we do.
I really like Delph and before he signed that new contract at Villa I was hoping we'd go for him before Cleverley. Maybe he signed up so that Villa got some compensation if/when he goes. I just can't see him coming here. Ideally I'd have him alongside McCarthy not instead of him. I think McCarthy will stay but if he goes I'd want it to be to City because they pay top money. If that happen who knows on Delph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back