Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The truth is your not realising that we have a better team and that the team Stoke had out and the subs they had is their actual premier league squad and a few youngsters. The same as what we had.

Stoke 9th

Everton 11th

Sorry, but the records show that Stoke are currently a better team than us.

Hopefully we can change that, but I have a sneaky feeling Stoke could get top 6 this season.

Stoke 9th

Everton 11th

Sorry, but the records show that Stoke are currently a better team than us.

Hopefully we can change that, but I have a sneaky feeling Stoke could get top 6 this season.
We had Europe and have been in Europe far more times, also won more trophies. Okay Stoke are a better team lol

I have a sneaky feeling Stoke could get top 6 this season.
ocmo.gif
Too far, too far

Oh it's the old kopite defence of " We've won it five times laaaaaa "
No it's not. You get on as if we are absolute turd and don't look like a true supporter at all, we had a bad season and that was because Martinez was learning how to adapt in Europe and how to rotate his squad. The players weren't use to it either you also need to take into account how Martinez has managed to keep our best players at the club. Have you anything positive to say about Everton?

So we should have kept the team with Fellaini and not signed McCarthy and Lukaku?

I agree that eventually (hopefully) you get to a point where it makes more sense to try to keep your team together. I don't think we're there yet; you and Roberto clearly do. Until you get to that point, all you can do is gradually increase the number of quality players you have at any one time. And when you have a board that invests absolutely nothing, the only way you can do that is by selling high and buying low(er).

Well obviously you'll still sell some players. Barcelona sell players (thanks Barca). Everyone sells to some degree. I'm just talking about selling players you really don't want to sell. I was down with selling Fellaini because the money we got was over his value to our team in RM's system.

There aren't many spots on our first 11 (goalie aside) where you can realistically see a better player wanting to come here. So we buy potential. We have some money from TV to use. If we want more money then we sell. However when you sell a finished article to fund potential you are obviously in the short term making your team worse for potential long term gains that may never be realized. Lukaku was a very different proposition. Thanks to the loan and a great season a player that normally wouldn't consider us now would. So raising money to make that purchase was perfectly logical. In the absence of being able to sign someone like that it becomes an entirely different proposition.

When you have a "well that's __ sorted then" player ... those are the ones I don't want to sell. Stones means one CB slot is sorted. Why sell? McCarthy, Lukaku, Baines, Coleman etc. all represent a spot on the field that's sorted. We likely couldn't get a better player to take that spot if we wanted. Fellaini didn't sort anything out -- he was a bit of a square peg for RM so it was fine to sell. McCarthy was the player he hand-picked to fill one of the (if not the) most important role in his system. Very different situations.

You also have to consider the reality of waiting. Sure it'd be nice to say "let's sell some players to fund young players so in five years when Stones and Lukaku are hitting their peak we have a great team around them." Is that optimal? Sure. Will Stones and Lukaku be here in five years if we don't improve? Of course not. So planning for a future that will never come doesn't seem logical. Sell to buy teams get stuck on this perpetual cycle of rebuilding. You can't rebuild forever. At some point you have to to try to win.

Anyway, enough of the Stoke nonsence and back to the Valdes rumour.
It looks ridiculous at first glance, but if (as he says) he's willing to drop into our wage structure for guaranteed first team football so he can prove himself again, then why not?
He doesn't want to move again because of his family, he hates the RS which only leave City as rivals, and they won't start him every week if at all.

Will Valdes be this years Eto'o (with hopefully a better ending)?

Anyway, enough of the Stoke nonsence and back to the Valdes rumour.
It looks ridiculous at first glance, but if (as he says) he's willing to drop into our wage structure for guaranteed first team football so he can prove himself again, then why not?
He doesn't want to move again because of his family, he hates the RS which only leave City as rivals, and they won't start him every week if at all.

Will Valdes be this years Eto'o (with hopefully a better ending)?

Got to be a wind up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back