Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stoke 9th

Everton 11th

Sorry, but the records show that Stoke are currently a better team than us.

Hopefully we can change that, but I have a sneaky feeling Stoke could get top 6 this season.

You don't help yourself lad do you?

So when a lower league team knocks out a Premier league team does that automatically make them better than their loftier opponents or not ?

Anyway, enough of the Stoke nonsence and back to the Valdes rumour.
It looks ridiculous at first glance, but if (as he says) he's willing to drop into our wage structure for guaranteed first team football so he can prove himself again, then why not?
He doesn't want to move again because of his family, he hates the RS which only leave City as rivals, and they won't start him every week if at all.

Will Valdes be this years Eto'o (with hopefully a better ending)?

Apart from the fact we arent in for a Keeper, the nucleus of the fickle fanbase obviously are pushing for one but I doubt very much we will see Victor Valdes at Goodison in an Everton shirt anytime soon.

You don't help yourself lad do you?

So when a lower league team knocks out a Premier league team does that automatically make them better than their loftier opponents or not ?
Beat us home and away and finished above us over the course of 38 games though?

We don't need wingers though.... honestly, we don't. We play with wide attacking midfielders who support the advancing wingbacks.

Baines and Coleman get the crosses in, Pienaar and Mirallas have always cut inside instead of sticking to the wing and bombing for the touchline.

Simply don't need wingers when you have the 2 best attacking fullbacks/wingbacks in the league. Mirallas, Pienaar, Deulofeu, McGeady, Osman, Barkley, Naismith & Cleverley can all play in those wide attacking midfield roles.

1 centre back is all I expect we will get in now with Martinez wanting Kone to be the main backup striker. 2 would be nice but think it will only be the 1.

That football manager has got a lot to answer for.

Apart from the fact we arent in for a Keeper, the nucleus of the fickle fanbase obviously are pushing for one but I doubt very much we will see Victor Valdes at Goodison in an Everton shirt anytime soon.
next you'll be saying our interest in Ospina isn't real either.

Like any club. If a player becomes available that would improve our team then he would have to be looked at priority or not.

We don't need wingers though.... honestly, we don't. We play with wide attacking midfielders who support the advancing wingbacks.

Baines and Coleman get the crosses in, Pienaar and Mirallas have always cut inside instead of sticking to the wing and bombing for the touchline.

Simply don't need wingers when you have the 2 best attacking fullbacks/wingbacks in the league. Mirallas, Pienaar, Deulofeu, McGeady, Osman, Barkley, Naismith & Cleverley can all play in those wide attacking midfield roles.

1 centre back is all I expect we will get in now with Martinez wanting Kone to be the main backup striker. 2 would be nice but think it will only be the 1.
I'd argue that Barkley showed he can't really play in that position, but yeah, spot on. Not too sure about the striker thing. I think we might bring a loan in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back