Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
true, still not sure who we can get who is 'decent'

Either have to go for a youngster or a veteran wh wouldn't mind being third choice a bit like Kolo Toure did for Liverpool, hence why there's been a few Vidic rumours. A first choice CB in their prime is not going to move to be third choice for us.

I didn't expect major changes. Replacement for the two departing defenders, but looks like the two young lads are getting their chance. I'd like another striker to push Rom. Keeping the players, currently linked with other clubs is more of a priority. No one in their right mind would buy Kone off us. McGeady would want too higher wages for Celtic.

Roberto said other signings would be later.

Some observations, anyone can confirm their accuracy?

- From what I've read (board thread fwiw) last year's TV money arrives August, so that could explain the wait for signings.
- We wonga'd it to pay for Lukaku, so most won't be available to use.
- This year's money doesn't arrive until the end of the season, so unless we wonga again, we can't use it.

Hoping most of this is wrong...

Some observations, anyone can confirm their accuracy?

- From what I've read (board thread fwiw) last year's TV money arrives August, so that could explain the wait for signings.
- We wonga'd it to pay for Lukaku, so most won't be available to use.
- This year's money doesn't arrive until the end of the season, so unless we wonga again, we can't use it.

Hoping most of this is wrong...
Why do you think we paid the bulk of the Lukaku transfer in one lump sum?

I would have expected we would have strengthened significantly before the first game, as that is what Martinez said he was going to do in this window and "get them in early".

Clearly another load of BS and whilst some of the teams just above us are strengthening, we are still clearly lacking in 2 key positions which he said he wanted players bought in for.

2 weeks and 2 days until the first game! hmmmmmm it's got a familiar look to it has this window.

Martinez said he wanted 4 players, a couple who we can get in early (thats 2 Deulofeu & Cleverley), and a couple more we may have to be a little patient for.
I personaly think with Celtic saying they want to keep Van Dijk for the Champs League qualifiers we may have a deal in hand to let him play in them to get Celtic into the group stage and then he will move to us. Just a thought

I didn't expect major changes. Replacement for the two departing defenders, but looks like the two young lads are getting their chance.
I hope you're not right, but I am starting to be inclined this may be a realistic outcome. However, it's verging on suicidal in my opinion.

Regardless of how much people may talk up Galloway and Browning, relying on two inexperienced and untested defenders could be fatal.

One injury to Jagielka and that leaves Stones as our most senior centre-back at the age of 21. He may be great yet he still inexperienced himself.

If both were unfortunately injured, then it's on par with a turkey shoot for even a reasonable striker. We need at least one more addition here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back