Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lazio announcing the signing of Ricardo Kishna from Ajax tomorrow for just £4m... What is it with English clubs not being able to take advantage of these bargains anymore? We used to be masters of it

There are reasons we mustn't bid for certain players. Signing Besic for £4M last summer when Banega was available for £2M did my head in.

It's open knowledge that Martinez wanted Ogbonna. Having missed out he is obviously reconsidering his options. In Singapore I got chatting to some of the support staff and one of the boys mentioned that in his opinion Martinez might look to play Barry at CB when needed, with Galloway and Browning as backup. Scary stuff! It could explain the Sergi Roberto loan rumours.

We're going to bring in new faces before the end of the window. What I am worried about are the 3-4 games we have to play prior to that and the time it's going to take to bed any new players in.

On a different note, I watched the team train and then play the two games v Stoke and Arsenal. I'd be very surprised if we sold Mirallas. Lukaku and him are glued at the hip. Every time the two of them would stretch, warm up, do laps, basically any drill.. side by side. Then again what do I know.

Linked to Celtic's Van Dijk today also for 10 million and 'apparently' Bobby is happy with the asking price.

Not sure worth 10 million but seems to be about the going rate for a defender these days. Lets just hope if this is true he is not another Boumsong or Cuellar!

http://www.[Publication is blacklis...-celtic-star-virgil-van-dijk-martinez-willi/?

Linked to Celtic's Van Dijk today also for 10 million and 'apparently' Bobby is happy with the asking price.

Not sure worth 10 million but seems to be about the going rate for a defender these days. Lets just hope if this is true he is not another Boumsong or Cuellar!

http://www.[Publication is blacklis...-celtic-star-virgil-van-dijk-martinez-willi/?

@MoutsGoat

There are reasons we mustn't bid for certain players. Signing Besic for £4M last summer when Banega was available for £2M did my head in.

It's open knowledge that Martinez wanted Ogbonna. Having missed out he is obviously reconsidering his options. In Singapore I got chatting to some of the support staff and one of the boys mentioned that in his opinion Martinez might look to play Barry at CB when needed, with Galloway and Browning as backup. Scary stuff! It could explain the Sergi Roberto loan rumours.

We're going to bring in new faces before the end of the window. What I am worried about are the 3-4 games we have to play prior to that and the time it's going to take to bed any new players in.

On a different note, I watched the team train and then play the two games v Stoke and Arsenal. I'd be very surprised if we sold Mirallas. Lukaku and him are glued at the hip. Every time the two of them would stretch, warm up, do laps, basically any drill.. side by side. Then again what do I know.

If it's so late in the window you have to ask why Everton can only do this then?

It's either the loan kicks in to sign the players or something dodgy like that

@RafaelH117: Sport claims Halilovic is close to be loaned to Everton. Trust Martínez to develop him well.

That'd probably be our number 10 then... Wonder what'd happen when he goes back next year and we've got the same problem again? F off Everton and your loans.

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/bar...spuestos-pagar-millones-por-halilovic-4384855

Google Translate

Barca will box with the exit of some players from the reserves not just entering future plans. The first major operation under negotiation is selling Halilovic, a player who came with the band of crack, but still not one hundred percent convinced. Everton and West Ham have made offers to close a transfer from Barca a repurchase option would be reserved in the next two seasons.

Halilovic output could close for about six million euros.

A Halilovic would like to call at West Ham, and who know their coach Slaven Bilic. Croatian coach is the main supporter of an operation that would reach a reasonable for a player who has not yet exploited on a large sum League. Everton has positioned itself in recent hours enjoying good relations with the club. The team of Robert Martinez has already agreed to the transfer of Deulofeu this season and Barca could continue hosting young talents. In any case, the transfer of Halilovic is well underway and will be implemented after the return of the American tour.

This [Publication is blacklisted due to spam] sport are at it again, we are apparently in a "tug of war" with Newcastle for Shaqri. If that's true I don't hold much hope of us signing him, we never do well against other premier league clubs, in the transfer market, they all seem to offer more money than we do

http://www.[Publication is blacklis...on-in-tug-of-war-for-xherdan-shaqiri-report/?

Which maybe if we can only spend " big money then"

As we signed geri for 4 mill.

I can't believe that's true, the TV money is assured, we are definitely getting it, so we would just spend it now.

I think the problem we have is Martinez has missed out on some of his first choice targets, so now we are having to reassess what's out there and available.

Also I think with some players and selling clubs, they are biding their time, waiting to see if buying clubs, offering more money, come in. I think that's the case with Shaqri, Praet and Vidic

You can guarantee that if we sign a CB then every media source will decide he's Stones's replacement even though Martinez has said we need another CB all summer.

Ever Banega??

Status
Not open for further replies.