Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got off to a good start this window with Cleverley and Deulofeu in quick and for buttons, and Garbutt's contract sorted out. There's been a yawning gap of inactivity since then, though. It's on the outer edges of becoming alarming and will reach panic stations if deals aren't done in the next week to 10 days.

There's no excuse for the hold up: we defo need another CB regardless of Stones staying or leaving; a playmaker is a must come what may. There's money in the club.

Two weeks until we start the season.

could we turn to the championship for a 3rd choice centre back. We have a good track record in recent years of picking up defenders from the championship with Jags, Lescott and Stones. Danny Batth and Lewis Dunk I believe have been linked with us in the past and James Tarowski is another I have seen linked with a move to the prem recently.

@RafaelH117: Sport claims Halilovic is close to be loaned to Everton. Trust Martínez to develop him well.

That'd probably be our number 10 then... Wonder what'd happen when he goes back next year and we've got the same problem again? F off Everton and your loans.
Would you like to change your avatar to something that isn't Liverpool players?

Also, why the negativity of loans? We usually use them to good effect. There's always a chance they return to their club but surely to have one season of a good player is better than not at all, and for relatively little outlay.

Not ideal I agree, but if we utilise the loan market in tandem with permanent signings, then that the way it is - it's never hit us before, and Moyes used it to basically "try before you buy" with players like Pienaar.

We got off to a good start this window with Cleverley and Deulofeu in quick and for buttons, and Garbutt's contract sorted out. There's been a yawning gap of inactivity since then, though. It's on the outer edges of becoming alarming and will reach panic stations if deals aren't done in the next week to 10 days.

There's no excuse for the hold up: we defo need another CB regardless of Stones staying or leaving; a playmaker is a must come what may. There's money in the club.

At a guess, I'd say we'll probably buy the centre-back at about 10m and then wait for some left-overs from the top table after they've stuffed themselves they normally belch out a couple of loans or a cut-price offering. Jovetic from City or Januzaj from Utd or some foreign equivalent. We'll, in turn, cut one or two squad players loose on deadline day for a modest amount. A great cheer will go up from some, others will despair and a third group will take up their position on the fence.

And a striker mate!

All the top 3 equally important for me.

Which is a worry as I can't see us getting 3 in.
Think the striker is the most likely to be a loan or a cheap young prospect no one has heard of. That's fine by me as long as we've got a boss playmaker and an experienced CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.