Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here

1. Playmaker
2. CB
3. Forward
4. Winger if Kev goes.

We can manage with Howard one more year.

Mate two birds with 1 stone, get a playmaker in who can play well on the wing also, doubly important if we get a half decent second striker in as it opens up options, mertens is the natural, but a few others fit that role yarmolenko, Praet, shaqiri (although sounds a bit of a div tbh) thatd be my hope

I knew Everton were going to do what they do every summer: use the preseason period abroad to totally down tools in terms of transfer activity (never stops other clubs like, but this club seems to believe its a breather from the transfer market).

My concern is that we seem to have no real irons in the fire right now. If we had a couple of players firmly mentioned and bids in then ok. But we're going to take the whole of this period prior to the season KO to get one in - if we're lucky.

Just not good enough.

Anyone would think we didn't get £35M in the transfer kitty like every other PL team does this summer....

Yeah I don't think we have ever signed a player while being away from the UK on pre-season.

I'm sure we'll get bodies in, but we really have no excuse for this to be hurtling toward the eve of season. Martinez did say we'd have to wait until late on to get the more costly players in, but as far as I'm concerned this is now officially 'late on'. These players need bedding in during pre-season not in the early weeks of the actual season.
Unfortunately, what we all want to happen (because we know it is beneficial) and what will happen are not one and the same.

Look at how sluggishly we started last season and with the fixtures we have; if we do not start brightly it could quickly become a messy situation.

Ideally players should be arriving now so they can get gel with the squad, rather than in late August, thus potentially missing four vital games.

And while I understand that in some aspects we need to be frugal due to our finances, yet it seems we can only act once others have made theirs.

I just hope we find this pivotal number ten Martinez has talked about, rather than scooping up the dregs from the transfer bargain bin.

Talking about Cleverely as being 'adaptable' and mentioning playing out wide and in the centre just adds more nerves to the situation.

Same goes with a defender and a forward. If it's merely to save a million or two on transfer fees and wages, then that's overly risky.

If it is because we are being out managed in the market, or do not have the funds for our targets, then it could be a difficult watch.

The club will have more money to spend next summer. As we know, TV revenues are going up, and, perhaps just as crucial, there are a number of players who are out of contract, which will free up wages.

We thought we'd have TV money this summer, worked out well

Status
Not open for further replies.