Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't we need a playmaker that is able to perform right away? That Halilovic is still very young and if we loan him we would be developing him. We already got Barkley who is doing that.

Could be another Deulofeu, but I'm not sure that's what we need.

At a guess, I'd say we'll probably buy the centre-back at about 10m and then wait for some left-overs from the top table after they've stuffed themselves they normally belch out a couple of loans or a cut-price offering. Jovetic from City or Januzaj from Utd or some foreign equivalent. We'll, in turn, cut one or two squad players loose on deadline day for a modest amount. A great cheer will go up from some, others will despair and a third group will take up their position on the fence.
I'm sure we'll get bodies in, but we really have no excuse for this to be hurtling toward the eve of season. Martinez did say we'd have to wait until late on to get the more costly players in, but as far as I'm concerned this is now officially 'late on'. These players need bedding in during pre-season not in the early weeks of the actual season.

Garbutt to Fulham on loan is done. Didn't someone say Dembele coming the other way was to be part of that deal? I think it was just some random twitter idiot though, so probably not.

I'm sure we'll get bodies in, but we really have no excuse for this to be hurtling toward the eve of season. Martinez did say we'd have to wait until late on to get the more costly players in, but as far as I'm concerned this is now officially 'late on'. These players need bedding in during pre-season not in the early weeks of the actual season.

Agreed. I was waiting for you to fire up about this.

This window is no different, from any other. Moyes never made any moves until late on. Only season he did was when he signed Howard, if memory serves me right. So two new players already in. Yes we need more but, its not like when Walter Smith was in charge and we had a team that was hovering above the trap door every year. With not a bean to spend. We've got some really good players. I agree not going to get us in the the top four, but its not the doom and gloom we're making out to be.

Graeme Jones says Cleverley has all the tools to fill in anywhere within the Blues' midfield five and that, wherever he is deployed, he will add an extra attacking threat.

“He is definitely one who falls into the ‘versatile’ category,” he told evertontv. “Tom can play centre midfield, on the left and the right, he can play in the holding midfield positions - he could even play as the number 10.

*shudders*

Agreed. I was waiting for you to fire up about this.

I knew Everton were going to do what they do every summer: use the preseason period abroad to totally down tools in terms of transfer activity (never stops other clubs like, but this club seems to believe its a breather from the transfer market).

My concern is that we seem to have no real irons in the fire right now. If we had a couple of players firmly mentioned and bids in then ok. But we're going to take the whole of this period prior to the season KO to get one in - if we're lucky.

Just not good enough.

Anyone would think we didn't get £35M in the transfer kitty like every other PL team does this summer....

Jinkyali said we were after Dembele, seems to tie up now with Garbutt going there.

It's great getting youngsters in and all, but we need players ready for the 1st team now too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back