Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, what we all want to happen (because we know it is beneficial) and what will happen are not one and the same.

Look at how sluggishly we started last season and with the fixtures we have; if we do not start brightly it could quickly become a messy situation.

Ideally players should be arriving now so they can get gel with the squad, rather than in late August, thus potentially missing four vital games.

And while I understand that in some aspects we need to be frugal due to our finances, yet it seems we can only act once others have made theirs.

I just hope we find this pivotal number ten Martinez has talked about, rather than scooping up the dregs from the transfer bargain bin.

Talking about Cleverely as being 'adaptable' and mentioning playing out wide and in the centre just adds more nerves to the situation.

Same goes with a defender and a forward. If it's merely to save a million or two on transfer fees and wages, then that's overly risky.

If it is because we are being out managed in the market, or do not have the funds for our targets, then it could be a difficult watch.

All roads lead to Kenwright.

How are we now in a situation (it would STRONGLY appear) where £35M has arrived into the club as it did last season, but the only business done is to let go two players and replace them with another two for the sum total of £4M?

I know it's not the thread for it, but if that cash isn't spent this summer (all of it plus whatever we get from sales...and there WILL BE sales) then we'll know that something very fishy is going on at this club.

How are we now in a situation (it would STRONGLY appear) where £35M has arrived into the club as it did last season, but the only business done is to let go two players and replace them with another two for the sum total of £4M?

I know it's not the thread for it, but if that cash isn't spent this summer (all of it plus whatever we get from sales...and there WILL BE sales) then we'll know that something very fishy is going on at this club.
Not necessarily. Its just that if the money isnt spent and we still have the VIBRAC loans and we still have the same debt and theres still no mention whatsoever about a stadium or redevelopment or anything like that, than yes, it will be 'fishy'.

There are reasons we mustn't bid for certain players. Signing Besic for £4M last summer when Banega was available for £2M did my head in.

It's open knowledge that Martinez wanted Ogbonna. Having missed out he is obviously reconsidering his options. In Singapore I got chatting to some of the support staff and one of the boys mentioned that in his opinion Martinez might look to play Barry at CB when needed, with Galloway and Browning as backup. Scary stuff! It could explain the Sergi Roberto loan rumours.

We're going to bring in new faces before the end of the window. What I am worried about are the 3-4 games we have to play prior to that and the time it's going to take to bed any new players in.

On a different note, I watched the team train and then play the two games v Stoke and Arsenal. I'd be very surprised if we sold Mirallas. Lukaku and him are glued at the hip. Every time the two of them would stretch, warm up, do laps, basically any drill.. side by side. Then again what do I know.

I agree about the first 3 or 4 games, Watford will know exactly how to play because it'll be the same as last season, loads of passing in front of the defence. Really wish the transfer window closed before the season starts.

I honestly believe there will 2/3 more additions to us before the transfer window shuts. Currently prices are high and the bargains only appear at the end of the window, when everyone begins to rush around.

We have made some good additions in terms of Cleverley & Def - whilst so far holding on to Kevin and John.

I see lots of people panicking, but I don't really see the need to panic. Going into last season, people said we had the best Everton squad since 1995. Yet now many say we are doomed for relegation. In 2014 we had the Europa, this year will be a totally different story.

People saying we are doing nothing. It looks like we are, the problem is, we have had numerous clubs reject our bids and players turn us down. Whether you believe press speculation or not, it is generally 90% right from the good sources.

Not necessarily. Its just that if the money isnt spent and we still have the VIBRAC loans and we still have the same debt and theres still no mention whatsoever about a stadium or redevelopment or anything like that, than yes, it will be 'fishy'.

Well, we can rule out the latter as a development. It just isn't happening under this lot, not least being the reason that their name is mud in the locality amongst the public and private sector, given their spectacular failure rate on this project.

The Vibrac stuff: well let's see. I have a feeling though that like the poor this Vibrac loan will always be with us while we have this pathetically weak chairman in nominal control who's merely the cats paw of the carpet baggers who own him.

Also, if the first few games (we will be boss though) don't go well, it will just mean more pressure on Martinez.
Potentially I think there are a number of factors that may endanger Martinez this season if things do not turn out as they are hoped.

Personally, relying just on Kone as a backup striker for Rom could develop some dissent within the fan base; it's a tinder box of an issue.

I honestly believe there will 2/3 more additions to us before the transfer window shuts. Currently prices are high and the bargains only appear at the end of the window, when everyone begins to rush around.

We have made some good additions in terms of Cleverley & Def - whilst so far holding on to Kevin and John.

I see lots of people panicking, but I don't really see the need to panic. Going into last season, people said we had the best Everton squad since 1995. Yet now many say we are doomed for relegation. In 2014 we had the Europa, this year will be a totally different story.

People saying we are doing nothing. It looks like we are, the problem is, we have had numerous clubs reject our bids and players turn us down. Whether you believe press speculation or not, it is generally 90% right from the good sources.

Well said. I'm hoping we'll get a creative midfielder in for the start of the season. I can see the deal for a CB going to the wire.

This would be a good move.

Linked to Celtic's Van Dijk today also for 10 million and 'apparently' Bobby is happy with the asking price.

Not sure worth 10 million but seems to be about the going rate for a defender these days. Lets just hope if this is true he is not another Boumsong or Cuellar!

http://www.[Publication is blacklis...-celtic-star-virgil-van-dijk-martinez-willi/?

Weren't you saying exactly the same last summer?.......and the one before.........and the one before that.......

Mate two birds with 1 stone, get a playmaker in who can play well on the wing also, doubly important if we get a half decent second striker in as it opens up options, mertens is the natural, but a few others fit that role yarmolenko, Praet, shaqiri (although sounds a bit of a div tbh) thatd be my hope

Praet or Yarmolenko and I die to dehydration after massive jizz leak

Status
Not open for further replies.