Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Halilovic rumour....

If we signed a playmaker as first choice then perhaps Halilovic would get games as backup/rotation?

£8-10mil Van Dijk
€6mil Halilovic (or loan)

We would still have cash left and hopefully punt some players out.

This Halilovic sounds promising and all that, but is there no chance our scouts can find already proven players to come in? Sick of all this 'building' for the future nonsense, there won't be no future if we continue to get left behind in the transfer market.

Fixed for you mate.

Haha, IMO, I don't think the money is there for Martinez to spend without letting someone go. Seeing the likes of Shaqiri, Mertens, Yarmolenko etc available for reasonable fees are no brainers. The fact we haven't moved for one is telling. Everton again stuck to bargain section, trying to find the best loans and special offers.

Would you like to change your avatar to something that isn't Liverpool players?

Also, why the negativity of loans? We usually use them to good effect. There's always a chance they return to their club but surely to have one season of a good player is better than not at all, and for relatively little outlay.

Not ideal I agree, but if we utilise the loan market in tandem with permanent signings, then that the way it is - it's never hit us before, and Moyes used it to basically "try before you buy" with players like Pienaar.

Yeah I've kept meaning to, it was as a result of a bet with someone on here about something a while ago...

And yeah you're right, but it feels a bit small time to me, I'd like us to be on the level of loaning our younger prospects out to a good level of team rather than us being the club taking on loans. It all stems back to the clubs supposed income disappearing. It'd be great if they could turn into permanents at the end but I think it's more likely to be the cheaper option for the board.

Yarmalenko and Evans or Praet and Van Dijk. Bases on numbers quoted, Either pair would be ~20 million outlay and would give us our cb and playmaker who could also play left. Add that to Clev and Del and the window would be solid.

Would love to somehow reinforce the striking force, but realistically see Naismith and Kone as our backup there until at least Jan unless we bring someone young in late on loan.

Even though this has been frustrating window again...after promising start...

Im clinging into naive hope that we will get boss players in.

The problem with the boss players though is, some of the teams you buy them from are going to need to replace that player, and the closer it gets to the end of the transfer window, the more reluctant a team is going to be to let one of their main players go.

I would blame Kenwright but after seeing Ogbonna's comments on thanking us in negotiations it's clear we have some money at this stage, so I can only blame martinez at present for not being more proactive in the market. That's my concern with the bloke unless he's managed a player before or they play for Barca or Wigan, he doesn't seem like he can pluck a player out the hat like Moyes could (Pienaar, Arteta, Felliani)

I still think West Ham have done a number on us and took our main targets (Payet- Playmaker, Ogbonna- CB) since then we haven't been strongly linked with anyone else apart from Evans

I would blame Kenwright but after seeing Ogbonna's comments on thanking us in negotiations it's clear we have some money at this stage, so I can only blame martinez at present for not being more proactive in the market. That's my concern with the bloke unless he's managed a player before or they play for Barca or Wigan, he doesn't seem like he can pluck a player out the hat like Moyes could (Pienaar, Arteta, Felliani)

I still think West Ham have done a number on us and took our main targets (Payet- Playmaker, Ogbonna- CB) since then we haven't been strongly linked with anyone else apart from Evans

Do you not think bringing in Deulofeu and Besic was a lot more imaginative than getting Pienaar and Arteta? Even Lukaku was a left field acquisition.

Let's remember here it's only his 3rd main chance to recruit players (we hardly ever do much business in the winter window) and in the previous 2 he's pulled of something unexpected but successful, to compare him to the 11 years of Moyes transfers is a little unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.