Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presuming we sign a number 10, we'd then also have Barkley, Naismith and Ossie who's best position is attacking midfield as well as Cleverly, Mirallas and Pienaar who can play there.

We don't need back up there we just need a boss player.

I don't think we will be signing anyone to take Barkleys place with all the talk from Bobby about blocking paths to the first team, Cleverly did not come to sit on the bench, and McCarthy is first first name on the team sheet I reckon, one of Mirallas or del will play if fit which leaves one space left in midfield.

Best scenario for me is we sign a left sided playmaker/no.10 to fill the void left by pienaar left season.

Worst scenario is cleverly is the no.10 Bobby was talking about and Barry takes the fifth midfield spot leaving us with a chronic lack of width and creativity again thi season.

Best case scenario, mertens or yarmolenko and someone like williams.
More likely, praet or shaqiri with vidic or van dijk
Worst case, cleverley plays their with evans getting signed.

First ia dreamland, second could work out but players utter gambles. Last is pure everton style.

If we dont spend serious money this window it is a massive worry that we will be a selling club again shortly as it means the tv money is just about keeping us level, soon as contract renewals etc eat into that were gonna be screwed again

I can't believe that's true, the TV money is assured, we are definitely getting it, so we would just spend it now.

I think the problem we have is Martinez has missed out on some of his first choice targets, so now we are having to reassess what's out there and available.

Also I think with some players and selling clubs, they are biding their time, waiting to see if buying clubs, offering more money, come in. I think that's the case with Shaqri, Praet and Vidic

The TV money, majority of it went to Vibrac because we loaned against it last year as per usual.

We usually take out a new loan late August.

So we definitely wanted Ogbonna and Dann and they fell through. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Evans deal materialise if he is still available. I am sure he would rather come to us than Sunderland who he was also linked with. I would be happy with that having those 3 choices for centre half with Barry or Galloway as a 4th choice.

My guess is that once we have the new money loan in place, we will also bring in the creative player he wants and a back up striker on loan, hopefully somebody of reasonable quality.

Unless we sell Mirallas that will be it I reckon. Still short of cover for Coleman but hopefully he can have an injury free season.

Any other players in dependent on players out.

i really don't want a youngster on loan as our playmaker. it's harder for younger players to adapt and he's going to make loads of mistakes. i don't believe the story though.

we didn't really miss out on dann though did we? we wanted to pay half what they wanted and they wouldn't budge and he then signed a new contract. that's all there is to it - hate that people are beating this club with a stick about that. nobody could vindicate paying £15m for dann.

Bit touchy lid?

We wanted him, we didn't get him, decided to sign a new contract, thus we missed out on him. Wasn't using it as a stick to beat them with, just saying what I thought to be the case. And you are right,vid rather not bother than pay 15m for him.

Bit touchy lid?

We wanted him, we didn't get him, decided to sign a new contract, thus we missed out on him. Wasn't using it as a stick to beat them with, just saying what I thought to be the case. And you are right,vid rather not bother than pay 15m for him.

not you tbh - everyone keeps saying missed out. but we probably show interest in 20 players every summer and not all of it is made public knolwedge. i bet there's probably been a couple of other players we've enquired about and the selling club has priced us out. i dunno i just like the term missed out to be used when actual negotiations have been entered.

Status
Not open for further replies.