Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Virgil van Dyck at less than £10 million would be a decent punt. He's better than many think and he strikes a mean dead ball and with Baines, Lukaku and Mirallas all wanting to take free kicks in shooting range, VVD would offer a fourth option. He's a decent centre back, too good for the SPL and has ambition to play for Holland so would be hungry to play and improve.

His quotes say to me that John Stones stays unless there is some silly dollar on the table.

So the two positions being filled are his fabled #10 and a centre-half.

I suspect he'll sneak a centre-forward loan in there too plus Lennon.

Could be an exciting close to the window.

I see nobody leaving at all.
I agree from the first 11.
I see a dud or two going though if we pick up all those you mention. Squad will be too big.

I agree from the first 11.
I see a dud or two going though if we pick up all those you mention. Squad will be too big.

Let Peanuts, Gibson and Kone go as they're injury prone and largely don't contribute. Hibbing, much as I actually like him, is now surely surplus to requirements too.

Let Peanuts, Gibson and Kone go as they're injury prone and largely don't contribute. Hibbing, much as I actually like him, is now surely surplus to requirements too.
Keep one of Pienaar or Gibson. McGeady is surplus if Lennon arrives. Kone unfortunately has photos of Roberto in his possession so going nowhere.

Keep one of Pienaar or Gibson. McGeady is surplus if Lennon arrives. Kone unfortunately has photos of Roberto in his possession so going nowhere.

Disagree with respect as both Peanuts and Gibson will be on good money. Kone is and always was a busted flush. Lennon is okay, but not at anything above £4 million as he doesn't produce enough end product for my liking. McGeady, I agree is something of an enigma, occasionally superb, too often bang average... needs a massive increase in level of performance and productivity.

I know everyone is freaking out about lack of incomings but, at least we will start with a familiar side and not be bedding in 3-4+ players like the rs, geordies, Bournemouth,watford, stoke, utd villa etc

They are strengthening cos they sold loads of players or were just crap.

We will spend but only in the positions we need to .

I know everyone is freaking out about lack of incomings but, at least we will start with a familiar side and not be bedding in 3-4+ players like the rs, geordies, Bournemouth,watford, stoke, utd villa etc

They are strengthening cos they sold loads of players or were just crap.

We will spend but only in the positions we need to .
We were pretty crap last season too

We need to be more pro-active. I like Peanuts, but he's past his best and needs to be moved on.
Pro-active??? You want us to to ask other clubs to pay 70 grand a week for a player that can't keep fit anymore and has just done his hamstring? It would take some salesman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back