Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are still looking for two positions, our squad is not complete, and we need to make sure they fit in exactly in our group as we expect,” Martinez explained.

“We lost two centre-halves so we need to fill those gaps. I'm still assessing two of the young players we have in the squad. I have been very impressed in the last two weeks and I do feel that one of the two is ready to stay in the first-team. So maybe we need one new face in at centre-half and then, in another position, we will still be lightweight and will wait as long as we can to select the right person.”
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...erton-defender-brendan-galloway-might-9732904

I don't think he is mate. The "wait as long as we can" sounds like it will be 2 minutes before the transfer window shuts before we sign one though.
Well as said i hope im wrong because nothing better than a deadline day signing to look forward to lol

Romeo the goalie for free would have been a good signing, alas he goes to United for free.

Sure we could have poached him earlier in the summer.

Martinez is clearly happy with his lot regarding goalkeepers.

Howard is realistically going to return to MLS and that would have happened by now, so we're stuck with the current incumbents.

Getting a CB in as capable as VVD will allow us to completely change our style and go with 3 back. Martinez tried it when he first came but didnt have the players for it...

Can't see how it would go to deadline day trying to get in a number 10 and a CB. I get he wants the players with the right attitude and that but surely he has a list?

All he has to do is get Bill or who ever is doing the transfers now to contact the club as if they are for sale and then move on to the next player on the list until we find one we can afford.

There's no excuse for not getting in these players well before the end of the window.

Apart from having no money at all, that may hinder our buying plans.

Even with the sky money i think alot of people forgot that we sold Jelavic, Anichebe and Fellaini before buying Romelu. So far we have spent £4m on Delboy and money is still limited. I honestly expect McCarthy or Stones to be sold, Stones will be loaned back for a season which may clinch the deal. We will then spend the stones money whilst the TV money goes into a black hole.

I dont care for big money buys, i would like to see us take chances on the bargains of Arteta, Cahill, Pienaar, Jagielka, Lescott and Coleman.
Everton cannot afford to spend £12m on 3rd choice centre halfs such as Williams and Dann.

Sorry to be a miserable sod but i dont see things happening until the season starts or someone is sold.

My contribution for what its worth is i would like to see us sign Praet and take a punt on a Llorente or Lavezzi, someone who is proven yet not given his chance week in - week out.

Getting a CB in as capable as VVD will allow us to completely change our style and go with 3 back. Martinez tried it when he first came but didnt have the players for it...

I'd dispute that. He had two left footed centre-backs, one of whom was especially comfortable on the ball. Alcaraz, Jagielka and Stones should have made a very competent back three. Whatever the reason which led to this being abandoned was, it surely cannot have been the composition of the centre backs.

For all of Alcaraz's defensive failings you could not accuse him of being unable to put his foot on it and pick a pass.

Even with the sky money i think alot of people forgot that we sold Jelavic, Anichebe and Fellaini before buying Romelu. So far we have spent £4m on Delboy and money is still limited. I honestly expect McCarthy or Stones to be sold, Stones will be loaned back for a season which may clinch the deal. We will then spend the stones money whilst the TV money goes into a black hole.

I dont care for big money buys, i would like to see us take chances on the bargains of Arteta, Cahill, Pienaar, Jagielka, Lescott and Coleman.
Everton cannot afford to spend £12m on 3rd choice centre halfs such as Williams and Dann.

Sorry to be a miserable sod but i dont see things happening until the season starts or someone is sold.

My contribution for what its worth is i would like to see us sign Praet and take a punt on a Llorente or Lavezzi, someone who is proven yet not given his chance week in - week out.

I tend to agree, the McCarthy deal went down to the wire as we needed to get more from United for Felliani to meet Wigan's price.

All of our big transfer dealings are like this; everything needs to balance as the board are unprepared (rightly or wrongly) to spend big sums of money the club doesn't have. There's an argument that a smaller fee can be offset against a loss from the wage bill, but without £10m coming in we're not paying £10m out to anyone.

Pro-active??? You want us to to ask other clubs to pay 70 grand a week for a player that can't keep fit anymore and has just done his hamstring? It would take some salesman!

I never mentioned £70k a week and if he thinks he can still command that level of wages, then he is the deluded one. I just think his time with Everton is done and for both parties, best if he moves on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back