Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is very simple, as demonstrated by the quotes below.

You said:

In response to your statement that we won't be signing anyone better than we already have, I gently pointed out that we have ALREADY signed Deulofeu, who is better than McGeady - I did it in the form of a question, as mild jest at your expense. I apologise.

If you re-read my last paragraph, you'll see the partial explanation for why we have not yet signed Lennon - prices are currently too high, not representing value for money. Lennon is rumoured to have a price tag of £9m, which is WAY too much for him. If we have that amount to spend on a winger we should be looking at Yarmolenko. HOWEVER, by waiting a bit we could well benefit from Spurs dropping Lennon's price to a more reasonable level.

i see , but ... my point originally was - from here on in ...... i dont see us buying better then we have. ie we will buy bit part squad fillers , if anything.

i just dont see any urgency or ambition to improve our best 11 coming from the manager.
i also think he is quite happy with a second string involving sub standard crap like kone naismith and mcgeady.

personaly - id like to see better than all 3 of those mentioned and atleast 1 of those being a player good enough for the starting 11.
on top of that we need atleast one more cb.

i see , but ... my point originally was - from here on in ...... i dont see us buying better then we have. ie we will buy bit part squad fillers , if anything.

i just dont see any urgency or ambition to improve our best 11 coming from the manager.
i also think he is quite happy with a second string involving sub standard crap like kone naismith and mcgeady.

personaly - id like to see better than all 3 of those mentioned and atleast 1 of those being a player good enough for the starting 11.
on top of that we need atleast one more cb.
we will buy a half decent CB (all that is needed for proper cover) and get in a first choice no10 and a reserve striker (probably loan).
There will also be another surprise loan as well.

we will buy a half decent CB (all that is needed for proper cover) and get in a first choice no10 and a reserve striker (probably loan).
There will also be another surprise loan as well.
i hope this is the minimum we can expect too.
but im not optimistic we will get anything other than an alcaraz and an atsu mark 2.

We don't need new players. We have some great players.

what we need is a team that goes out every week, plays to their best and fights for every ball even if it's Stoke or Chelsea. We need a manager who is willing to make the tough decisions rather than play favourites hoping results will change.

I want new players as much as the next fan does. But there are players in our team that would walk into most teams.

jags? arsenal wanted him.
stones? Chelsea wanted him
baines? United wanted him
Barry? signed from city
Mccarthy? I believe if he was foreign he'd be coveted
mirallas? Our best winger since kanchelskis talent wise
barkley? A year ago was meant to be worth 50 million
lukaku? best young striker in Europe
deloufeu? barca still want him hence the buy back clauses
cleverly? The most successful manager in history had him first choice. only dropped when our former manager joined.

there's 9 of the 11. Coleman has no grounding yet as noone has bid for him and Howard is coming to the end of his career here.

point Is the team is good enough in places and yes I'd love some new faces but at the end of the day it's not like out first 11 isn't good enough. anyone we sign bar a winger is going to be back up and no player would sign knowing that. Yes kone piennar mcgeady aren't good enough but how.much do you want the club to spend buying bench warmers to replace them? at the end of the day how much can we even sell them for?

What I want the club to do is just spend money in one or two positions and buy quality that way. Make the current 11 back up, not sign them

what we need is a team that goes out every week, plays to their best and fights for every ball even if it's Stoke or Chelsea. We need a manager who is willing to make the tough decisions rather than play favourites hoping results will change.

I want new players as much as the next fan does. But there are players in our team that would walk into most teams.

Barry? signed from city
cleverly? The most successful manager in history had him first choice. only dropped when our former manager joined.

there's 9 of the 11. Coleman has no grounding yet as noone has bid for him and Howard is coming to the end of his career here.

point Is the team is good enough in places and yes I'd love some new faces but at the end of the day it's not like out first 11 isn't good enough. anyone we sign bar a winger is going to be back up and no player would sign knowing that. Yes kone piennar mcgeady aren't good enough but how.much do you want the club to spend buying bench warmers to replace them? at the end of the day how much can we even sell them for?

What I want the club to do is just spend money in one or two positions and buy quality that way. Make the current 11 back up, not sign them

Drivel.

Barry? signed from city

i said to my bro (whos a dirty manc fan) our best 11 is as good as any other in the prem imo.
the only issue is , the quality of depth and the style of play the manager wants not suiting the best 11 we have.

metaphorically speaking we have a ferrari engine ,body , seats ,and tyres ect .... but the only spare parts we have are from a ford cortina and the only oil the driver has for it is 2 stroke lawnmower oil.
its only a few times a season everything is working right and the ferrari runs and sounds like it should.

Barry? signed from city

This is exactly the over rating of our players that I fear we all do.

Barry? signed from city

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA JESUS CHRIST MATE
I'M ALL FOR OPINIONS BUT WOW

:) it is !!!
i can pick holes in any of the top 6 first 11.

the likes of coleman , jags , baines ,stones , mcarthy , barkley , lukaku , mirallas would be an asset to any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back