Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What we need is

Keeper
Playmaker
Winger
Forward

Those four are crucial if we want to finish in top places...we have only 2 wingers really...no playmaker, no backup for kone and a past it keeper.

I can't see Martinez playing more than one winger at a time so I think 2 is enough. In order of priority I would say:

Playmaker
Centreback
Striker

I am usually in the camp of people who say it is better to maintain a steady squad rather than bring in lots of players just for the sake of it....however we blatantly need an additional centre back, a backup striker and a speedy creative midfielder/playmaker. Oh and ideally a goalkeeper.

How many years ago did arsenal want jags? Barkley worth 50m, that was for potential not current ability, no one else came in for lukaku and his stock aint risen mate, baines getting older - and the interest was due to moyes, stones is wanted again gor the player he looks like becoming,

Could go on and on about your post tbh

Simplest thing though is this. Having players others rate is all nice and dandy but its about having a team, atm we dont have anyone approaching a playmaker, we have no left winger, we have a clown in goal that 14+ other teams wouldnt go near, we have no competent depth at winger, attacking mid, striker, cb, rb, and you reckon were pretty ok?
same team finished 5th as it did 11th.

in fact these players got us to our record points total.

but they aren't very good are they? are we no better than anyone else? 12 months ago these players were our future and now all I seem to see is overrated or not good enough or whatever else.

yes we are apparently trying to sign a playmaker and a winger. We also need a new defender, we are in that as well. seems the manager is already aware of what he needs in the team, he just haven't signed them yet for whatever reason there is.

But no one came in for lukaku? considering we just signed him for 28 million our asking price for him would be far too high for any club to sign him right now. so that's a bit of a silly comment to make to be fair. baines isn't wanted anymore because he is the wrong age for the price he would go for when there is younger alternatives, for example the lad Chelsea just signed. could go on about that as well but won't do

It would be negligent not to bring in an experienced centre back as cover but I fear that Martinez has a bit of a blind spot as far as defence is concerned.

He's admitted he has to address the defence and apparently he's looking.

Van Djik will come in post-Watford I reckon.
He has known of the problem for long enough and has not really given it the priority it probably merits, plus the Stones / Chelsea issue is really making me feel even more twitchy, especially if they come back with a £30+mill bid that Bill will accept.

He has known of the problem for long enough and has not really given it the priority it probably merits, plus the Stones / Chelsea issue is really making me feel even more twitchy, especially if they come back with a £30+mill bid that Bill will accept.

Think that's more to do with having no money until the TV Money/Vibrac loan goes through.

I don't think Stones will leave unless there's a silly silly bid involved, I do think Jose will try his luck again though.

Think that's more to do with having no money until the TV Money/Vibrac loan goes through.

I don't think Stones will leave unless there's a silly silly bid involved, I do think Jose will try his luck again though.
35M would get him but I can't see them bidding that this window

Other than a good season and some new players? How can you completely right things off? Can't be good for you being blindly pessimistic.
Come on. I'm not being blindly pessimistic I'm just being a realist. If we focus on building a stadium we at least have some reason to be hopeful for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back