Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton coming up on sky sports news its about about expectations for the season were the 18th team to go too sounds about right.

Two thoughts;

1) Where is lennon in the soundbites for the striker/nbr 10/defender? Thought that would be a deal Martinez would be all over personally.

2) Is the club going to look like its making progress? LEt go of some players not needed (distin/alcaraz) and so far signed two players to improve the first 11. Not sell anyone (so far) for the second season in a row and have a solid foundation in the young players?
I want to be positive about this but what concerns me is that we have a big age gap in our squad and the older players are now passing their peak. The likes of Barry, Howard, jagielka, Baines are beyond the point of improving. Although we have younger players through, we don't have many players coming into their peak.

I want to be positive about this but what concerns me is that we have a big age gap in our squad and the older players are now passing their peak. The likes of Barry, Howard, jagielka, Baines are beyond the point of improving. Although we have younger players through, we don't have many players coming into their peak.
The thing is we need experience and age in there to stabilise the team. Stones would be floundering if he played with browning every week, McCarthy wouldn't be as effective with barkley and besic every week. We need experience, not barry, but experience in there so the young players have time and room to develop and get better.

I like the idea of keeping the pros around until their contracts run out, does more good than harm i think especially as osman surely can teach the odd thing to ross and tom for example.

It is only when you let youth or experience dominate the 11 is when there is an issue i think

Lads, we are not signing anyone until someone is sold or when we renew the Vibrac loan back end of August.

We are the bad scruffs of the premier league. No doubt Martinez will get a pay rise to make up for the lack of support to buy new players.

Don't worry though, next year we get more money from sky so we can borrow more money from Vibrac and make a few signings like last summer.

Apparently there is a rumour on utd forums re mata to us. Pinch of salt obviously but I would imagine it means stones the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back