Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's quite clearly going to be a centre mid though rather than an attacking mid, and I'm sure Martinez has said he sees him in a deeper role long term so he's gonna have to put him there at some point.

I disagree. I've seen nothing from him to suggest he can do any defending at all. For a big lad, he seems to never ever get his head on the ball. He's an attacking midfielder, his best tribute is running at a defence with real strength and power.

What's with the love in with that Quintero? He's linked with Norwich and a few jarg italian teams, that might be his level, a far way from ours. Never seen him play but there must be a reason why Porto want him out so badly, it's a no from me

What's with the love in with that Quintero? He's linked with Norwich and a few jarg italian teams, that might be his level, a far way from ours. Never seen him play but there must be a reason why Porto want him out so badly, it's a no from me
I don't think there is a love in for him exactly. We're just getting a bit desperate and he's available.

I'm going with:

Jonny Evans done deal.
Aaron Lennon done deal.
Striker - who knows but Austin or Hernandez would do for me.
#10 - some awesome South American uber-skilled crackpot maverick.

... oh, and John Stones leaving Finch Farm in tears at 11.59pm on August 31st.
@thegoalkeeper: ESPN's John Sutcliffe reporting that Javier Hernandez has said no to Major League Soccer's offer. https://t.co/S9eSvQRxCt
@JakeFCohen: MLS reportedly offered Chicharito ~£125,000 per week (+ transfer fee to MUFC). Median MLS player earns just under £70k per year.

@thegoalkeeper: ESPN's John Sutcliffe reporting that Javier Hernandez has said no to Major League Soccer's offer. https://t.co/S9eSvQRxCt
@JakeFCohen: MLS reportedly offered Chicharito ~£125,000 per week (+ transfer fee to MUFC). Median MLS player earns just under £70k per year.
Good for him for caring about more than just money. I'd have him here, but he'd be better playing off of Rom than as his back up. A lone striker he is not. I'd prefer Austin if those were the two options.

Good for him for caring about more than just money. I'd have him here, but he'd be better playing off of Rom than as his back up. A lone striker he is not. I'd prefer Austin if those were the two options.
Is 125k higher of lower than his United wage? Wonder if he is planning on just sticking it out at Utd since Rooney is their onlymother experienced striker.

Not sure he'd fit with us for the reasons you mention but love his goal celebrations, joy personified

So I've been without communication for 3 weeks. Is McAleny good enough? Who are we linked with? What has Martinez said in terms of who we will get? Are we selling John Stones. Answers appreciated x

So I've been without communication for 3 weeks. Is McAleny good enough? Who are we linked with? What has Martinez said in terms of who we will get? Are we selling John Stones. Answers appreciated x
McAleny - hopefully and he could well be one of our few fit wide optionsfor the first games
Linked with - tenuously to Shaqiri, Evans and Van Dijk and a few others even more unlikely. Rumoirs thin and far between.
Martinez - wants 3 in , a striker, CB and #10 were ones he quoted in his last interview
Stones - depends which press you read, am personally hopeful we won't but nobody really seems to have a clue tbh

Is there an official/legit reason why we have no money this transfer window ? I wasn't expecting mega transfers but £4m total spend is kinda ridiculous given how thin our squad is

Is there an official/legit reason why we have no money this transfer window ? I wasn't expecting mega transfers but £4m total spend is kinda ridiculous given how thin our squad is
The echo said we had 15m at the start of the window so I suspect the 11m that is left will be split between a CB and Lennon assuming no-one leaves - we're definitely in for those two. The extra TV money was 25m so I suspect the other 10 is being used to pay down debt although I'm not sure I believe that old chestnut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back