Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have money. We are just waiting for prices to become realistic again - pretty much all the transfers going on at the moment are going at silly prices (with the exception of Dzeko for £14m... but city would have upped the price for a Prem team, presumably).

Oh and there are two things that, in isolation, are absolute red herrings when evaluating a club's transfer activity: net spend and total spend. Value for money trumps them both.

Exactly! Value for money is always overlooked. If we'd have spent 12mil on Deulofeu and 8m on Cleverley I genuinely think some on here would be more satisfied! People were giving the 10-15 mil valuation on Deulofeu previously and Cleverley is worth at least the same as Delph so those numbers just show what great business we've done so far without losing any of our players.

I fully expect us to have a busy deadline day.

We have money. We are just waiting for prices to become realistic again - pretty much all the transfers going on at the moment are going at silly prices (with the exception of Dzeko for £14m... but city would have upped the price for a Prem team, presumably).

Oh and there are two things that, in isolation, are absolute red herrings when evaluating a club's transfer activity: net spend and total spend. Value for money trumps them both.

Only half agree. While I'm not overly arsed about any of the players who have gone elsewhere, I do think we are playing a very risky game by waiting as we are.

If prices are silly now that's the way it is. We need players so should pay the prices instead of being bad scruffs waiting for the end of lunch break to pick up a cheap sausage roll.

today's link from italy: keitsuke honda.

publishing tosh everton rumours must have proved lately to be a sure easy way for those italian websites to earn some extra page views...

Typical Everton that - chance of a free transfer, nah - wait until he commands a transfer fee and then buy him !!

Just watching MLS - can someone explain how a player of Sebastian Giovinco's quality has ended up there ? He would be a creative influence - got bags of pace to burn and a trick or two, always impressed me when I saw him for Juve, didn't get all that much time off the bench but wouldn't have expected him to go to America aged 26/27 !!

Just watching MLS - can someone explain how a player of Sebastian Giovinco's quality has ended up there ? He would be a creative influence - got bags of pace to burn and a trick or two, always impressed me when I saw him for Juve, didn't get all that much time off the bench but wouldn't have expected him to go to America aged 26/27 !!

$$$:celebrate:

He's a tiny tiny man.

Only half agree. While I'm not overly arsed about any of the players who have gone elsewhere, I do think we are playing a very risky game by waiting as we are.

If prices are silly now that's the way it is. We need players so should pay the prices instead of being bad scruffs waiting for the end of lunch break to pick up a cheap sausage roll.

Question becomes how many points will be lost due to waiting - and god i hope we are waiting rather than done.

With the quality of player being hawked around for the 10-15m mark, yarmolenko and shaqiri to name just two its a joke to pretend and defend Martinez lack of activity which a lot are doing.

For 25m we could have had say Dragovic or Kjaer in plus Yarmolenko or Shaqiri/Mertens, and thats money the club should easily have to spend. Plus we seem to be the only club going that doesnt f off the dead weight but let their contracts run down, Mcgeady, Gibson, Naismith, Kone all should have been given the green light to find a new club. Martinez is too scared about losing the dressing room now, something a strong manager doesnt fear

Question becomes how many points will be lost due to waiting - and god i hope we are waiting rather than done.

With the quality of player being hawked around for the 10-15m mark, yarmolenko and shaqiri to name just two its a joke to pretend and defend Martinez lack of activity which a lot are doing.

For 25m we could have had say Dragovic or Kjaer in plus Yarmolenko or Shaqiri/Mertens, and thats money the club should easily have to spend. Plus we seem to be the only club going that doesnt f off the dead weight but let their contracts run down, Mcgeady, Gibson, Naismith, Kone all should have been given the green light to find a new club. Martinez is too scared about losing the dressing room now, something a strong manager doesnt fear

Who would take any of them 4? Especialy Kone & McGeady on the wages they are on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back