Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd take Shaqiri at this desperate point in a heartbeat, but in an ideal world he seems all wrong attitude-wise.

As for Austin: we've been duped. Bad enough being duped by Kopites, but Evertonians?! Shameful.
I'm not sure about the Austin stuff. I've seen it from a few Everton fan sites (some of which do regular stuff with the club).

Think there is something going on. Just not sure how far along. Agreed terms with player but still negotiating a fee sounds promising.

I'm not sure about the Austin stuff. I've seen it from a few Everton fan sites (some of which do regular stuff with the club).

Think there is something going on. Just not sure how far along. Agreed terms with player but still negotiating a fee sounds promising.

was all completely made up then? no link at all?

I detected a lot of rowing back on claims made yesterday. If it comes off, then apologies are in order, but it sounds like bollocks right now.

Amazed at the Blue Union flyer on this. Maybe the twitter account is not run by the same people as those involved in it on a daily basis.

Where does the bad attitude of Shaqiri come from?!

Captaining your country suggests otherwise.
Apparently (hinted at by Rummenigge) he's had issues with Mancini at Inter. I also think it looked very bad that he left Stoke dangling and never getting back to them to give them an answer of whether he was prepared to play for them or not when a fee had been agreed and his own representatives had spoken to Stoke.

Doesn't sound right to me.

I detected a lot of rowing back on claims made yesterday. If it comes off, then apologies are in order, but it sounds like bollocks right now.

Amazed at the Blue Union flyer on this. Maybe the twitter account is not run by the same people as those involved in it on a daily basis.

Yep all speculation like Mirallas and McCarthy signing eh Dave?!

You're on a roll at the moment...!

That threadmark is superb haha.

As for Shaqiri, a loan with an option to buy would be brilliant.

Would definitely allow us to make a move for a quality striker to compete with Lukaku.

His attitude at Bayern was never in question, he just wasn't Good enough to brake into the first team with Robben and Ribery in front of him.

Moved to Italy for first team football and he struggled to find his form in a tosh inter side, which I think led to a Mirallas-style 'broken promises' fall out with Mancini, who as people have said has history of that.

He's not exactly a playmaker but I do think he'd solve our creativity issues. He has a knack for a killer pass, but he sometimes runs down blind alleys. But in his Basel days he was their mason creative outlet, like he still is for the Swiss. If he came to us he'd be the main man again, so to speak, and I think he'd be exactly the player we need.

This Austin rumour has gone Stone Cold.

image.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back