Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion Mason Holgate is going to be a very good central defender, if he continues in his development as he his, he'll be a premier league players and a decent one at that, he's been playing at right back for us, but he'll be a centre half, to answer the question about have we brought any others through apart from stones and Holgate, Jacob Butterfield is a decent player but that's about it, I regularly watch or U18S & U21S and I'll go out on a limb and say we'll bring through 6/7 good players through in the next couple of years, 17 year old James Bree will take Holgates place if he leaves this summer, and that kid will go to the very top , like stonesy, all these kids coming through now would have been 9/10/11 years old when Leeds entered administration and Wednesday cut back on their spending at youth level, we've got kids from Wakefield Sheffield Doncaster and Rotherham way coming to us because we were investing in youth when others weren't, so we're benefitting now from getting players we otherwise wouldn't have .

Basically what's happening with us now, we moved to Finch Farm and invested in youth development at a time when Liverpool lost interest, now our 18 year olds and younger are miles ahead of theirs.

Roberto in the Echo today: “Ross Barkley is the freshest that I have seen him and I am looking forward to seeing him play on Tuesday and the way we want to play, midfield is a very important area and I feel now we have the options we are going to need during the season."

That's a bit worrying really isn't it?
Does that mean its a closed book on this number 10?
Beginning of the window he was definitely after one so why change up now?

In my opinion Mason Holgate is going to be a very good central defender, if he continues in his development as he his, he'll be a premier league players and a decent one at that, he's been playing at right back for us, but he'll be a centre half, to answer the question about have we brought any others through apart from stones and Holgate, Jacob Butterfield is a decent player but that's about it, I regularly watch or U18S & U21S and I'll go out on a limb and say we'll bring through 6/7 good players through in the next couple of years, 17 year old James Bree will take Holgates place if he leaves this summer, and that kid will go to the very top , like stonesy, all these kids coming through now would have been 9/10/11 years old when Leeds entered administration and Wednesday cut back on their spending at youth level, we've got kids from Wakefield Sheffield Doncaster and Rotherham way coming to us because we were investing in youth when others weren't, so we're benefitting now from getting players we otherwise wouldn't have .

cheers mate couldn't recall any others apart from stones hence the questioning of nurturing young "talent". no offence intended of course. then again, difference between nurturing and producing.

Roberto in the Echo today: “Ross Barkley is the freshest that I have seen him and I am looking forward to seeing him play on Tuesday and the way we want to play, midfield is a very important area and I feel now we have the options we are going to need during the season."

Is he saying Cleverley is our new no.10?

maybe he views a no.10 as a striker rather than midfielder? here's hoping anyway. whenever he says anything positive people say "he always lies in the media" so we can say it when things seem negative as well!

had a debate with my brother yesterday on a completely hypothetical situation. Would you be happy if we sold stones for 30+ million and used that to bring in Isco? I'd be thrilled he said no way with an already skint CB situation.

Is he saying Cleverley is our new no.10?

He's saying we'll go with what we've got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back