Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Van Dijk excellent here in possession, some lovely passes, just a couple of poor showings in the Europa last year have me sceptical.

Almost impossible to judge him.

The time he gets on the ball in this game he wouldn't get down here. And he isn't exactly challenged at the back.

Who knows?!

I'm guessing with this comment you've not watched many games or any at all of the Brazilian league. It's not like the lad hasn't played outside of this league before either, he's had more than a sniff at European footy and was extremely successful.

Absolutely terrible is way off the mark. The figures quoted they want for him, if true, would be too much of a risk though. If it was half that, I'd take him without second guessing it. From what I've seen, he's got enough quality to strengthen our side and score goals.
I know he played outside the league, he did well for AC milan at first, then injuries and other factors are what have lead him to be sold back to that league, and i've seen bits of the brazilian league (Far from expert, so if you've watched more fair enough) but from reports and other people he hasn't set the world alight there.

I don't think he's very good, certainly not for this league and i'm guessing people are attracted to the name more than his actual ability to play in the premier league.

It's easier to be a good player in Brazil and Italy than it is here.

Sunderland close to signing M'Villa apparently, used to be fantastic a few years back.

If we drop points and play sideways guff against Watford the meltdown will truly happen and rightfully so with this criminal lack of business so far. Surely he will want atleast that 3rd choice CB in before the Watford game? I know Barry can 'play' there but we are 1 injury away in pre season games/training to having just 1 experienced CB available.

Last player in Europe I'd want is M'Vila, we have enough defensive midfielders anyway and besides that the kids the biggest nutter in football. Snorted cocaine in the toilets before starting for France & takes an axe with him to training in case anyone wants to fight him, shouldn't be jealous of Sunderland buying him just because they're spending money. The player matters not the money.

I edited it.
What is the need in saying that?? I do have problems, yes.
Can you not be friendly to people and make this world a better place?
tumblr_inline_n6wu1oJ8bn1qf6i04.jpg

if you struggle reading then okay my bad, it is why i asked.

Almost impossible to judge him.

The time he gets on the ball in this game he wouldn't get down here. And he isn't exactly challenged at the back.

Who knows?!

Ya, I just made a comment that he's made a couple of decent passes, looks comfortable on the ball, I haven't exactly described him as the next Maldini, like a I said I remain very sceptical myself due to a couple of dodgy Europa performances from him last year.

My comments were just an observation on how he's doing today.

I know he played outside the league, he did well for AC milan at first, then injuries and other factors are what have lead him to be sold back to that league, and i've seen bits of the brazilian league (Far from expert, so if you've watched more fair enough) but from reports and other people he hasn't set the world alight there.

I don't think he's very good, certainly not for this league and i'm guessing people are attracted to the name more than his actual ability to play in the premier league.

It's easier to be a good player in Brazil and Italy than it is here.
Agreed on the last line here, fair enough.

Just think he's still got the goods to succeed. He's 25, is a pacey striker who nor only can finish but has that little extra about him where he can create too. Clever with ball, can dribble past players and make space for himself and is strong with both feet. I've also seen him score more than a few goals with his head too. He's not world class no, but he would certainly improve our squad and give us a different kind of striker at the club, gives us options to change it up when need be.

With Pato it's not his lack of quality as a player... I'm assuming his head might of gone at some stage, that's why he went back to his home country of brazil. That might be my only worry of taking a punt on him, rather than how good he is as a player.

Ya, I just made a comment that he's made a couple of decent passes, looks comfortable on the ball, I haven't exactly described him as the next Maldini, like a I said I remain very sceptical myself due to a couple of dodgy Europa performances from him last year.

My comments were just an observation on how he's doing today.

I know mate. Wasn't having a go.

I think he'd be a risk at first down here as he simply hasn't played 'proper' footy for ages.

But could get up to speed pretty quick.

Pato is not what we need, his career has gone down hill rapidly over the years, he has never played in this country I just don't know what benefits people would see in this deal, maybe desperation?

Just watching Celtic and think Van Dijk would be a superb signing, he will no doubt end up at another English club though. Reminds me very much of a young Lescott.

I read the "old Lescott" (AKA Lescott) may be going to Villa for £1m. The story is that West Brom now have 4 central defenders ahead of Lescott in the pecking order and he may move on, as potentially playing time may be limited. I still think he could be worth a punt, I know some fans hate him for the way he left.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...vals-West-Brom-clubs-talks-1million-deal.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back