Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think people are being a bit backward in understanding what the lads saying.

He didn't say he wanted dwight gayle, he said he's upset that bristol city, a far, far smaller club can go out and outspend what we have already.

It's pathetic.

It's not just pathetic. It's an absolute joke. It's a dagger into the hearts of the fans.

April 2015

Roberto Martinez says work to identify potential summer targets has already begun.

“We have got a strong team with incredible experience - all we need is two or three players to take us to the next level and that’s something that is based on a lot of work and a lot of effort identifying those players.

“The recruitment department has been working really well over the last six months because we need to assemble a really strong squad for next season."

May 2015

Asked if he had identified his targets, Martinez said: “We have got real clarity in who we want. More than anything, it is that personality who we think can fit into our football club, cope with the expectations and fit into what we want to build.

“That has been work we’ve developed since January and we are very happy with the options we have.”

Apparently Aston Villa are going to pay around 12M for Barcelona B winger Adama (19). No buy-back option will be included in the deal. What are we doing?!!!!

Not risking 12m on a Barca kid who they don't deem is necessary to have a buy back on and who as only played at Barcalona B, remember Luis Alberto!!!!

It's not just pathetic. It's an absolute joke. It's a dagger into the hearts of the fans.

It is a joke. The point is, it's frustrating to see even Bristol can spend freely on a player and we have to go into the season with only two senior centre backs, try to blag loans for players that are for sale, and wait till the last minute in the hope that some brinksmanship will save us a few bob. We are a premier league team and need to act like one. It shouldn't be so hard or take so long to fill glaring holes in our team.

Checked on EFC Transfer News this morning and saw a mention of Bobby wanting the window closed before the season starts.... that was it, that's our transfer rumours for the day!!
When we were 2-1 down against Watford at Goodison the answer was to get Kone and Naismith on! FFS Everton - what the F-ume is going on here??

Dont think we need praet he has potential to be a good player but we need a player to come in and make an impact now in the number 10 role. But i have no idea who we are going for

April 2015

Roberto Martinez says work to identify potential summer targets has already begun.

“We have got a strong team with incredible experience - all we need is two or three players to take us to the next level and that’s something that is based on a lot of work and a lot of effort identifying those players.

“The recruitment department has been working really well over the last six months because we need to assemble a really strong squad for next season."

May 2015

Asked if he had identified his targets, Martinez said: “We have got real clarity in who we want. More than anything, it is that personality who we think can fit into our football club, cope with the expectations and fit into what we want to build.

“That has been work we’ve developed since January and we are very happy with the options we have.”

I want us to all look ridiculous on here when we sign loads of boss players. And I understand the constraints/reasons behind us operating the way we do in the transfer window, I think. But it demands a lot of patience from supporters - and even if we're all gimps for fuming about Shaqiri etc., I think we deserve a bit of further qualification about the approach to transfers...

...so long as it's not detrimental to the way we conduct business, like. Maybe if we revealed we had a slight war-chest that we were just waiting to spend as astutely/last-minute as possible, our carefully chosen targets' clubs would demand a lot more.

But the board have to understand the fume to an extent; it is getting a bit tiresome, year on year; and they can't expect Martinez's previous assurances - concrete though they may seem on paper - to wash down any better than his seemingly meaningless comments on tactics when both seem to be slightly inconsistent over a timeline. The silence just seems to spell a bit of contempt for the fans; I'm not talking about a detailed insight into the inner machinations of the scouting process here, just a bit more of a clue as to why we are waiting.

Like I say, though, hopefully we all look like impatient goons come September and perhaps the action above is not at all possible for the reason of making our money go further.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back