Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Tubey vs @davek hasn't been as good as the build up suggested it would be.

Never gonna end well. Unlike this transfer window. Hopefully.

rock-em-sock-em-robots-vintage-mattel-toys.jpeg

What a start to the day reading these last few pages, now safe in the knowledge the day can only get better, utter gibberish.

To stay somewhat on topic, in them pages there has been no new signings, or links to new players.

We are in for three new players; Martinez hasn't named them, the rags don't know who they are - basically, we're doing business the right and smart way behind the scenes.

He's reiterated again that he wants to strengthen 3 areas, well known to be centre half, number 10 and striker. He didn't say 4 positions.

So where does Lennon come in to it? He's blatantly a right winger and never a number 10, striker or a centre half!

With him also revealing that Deulofeu and McGeady are now fit, and yes I realise McGeady isn't popular with the masses but he's still a right wing option, what is the point of spending millions on yet another right winger?

Makes little sense to me when the three named positions are a much bigger priority.

Can we leave the Manger stuff for the Manager thread please. This is a Transfer thread, not a Manager one.

The manager has just had a press conference that dealt primarily with the transfer window - hence the crossover. We're discussing the fact that John Stones is not going anywhere this transfer window and we're targeting three players - as they are words the manager has just used, we're discussing them.

The majority of us are taking those words on face value and discussing the implications of them for our squad.

Listening to that presser, I think he's definitely got the 3 players lined up and in negotiations.

There wasn't a hint of desperation or tempering of expectations e.g. "We will attempt to get 3 players but..."

I think he's going to be owed a few apologies on here come close of the window.

He's reiterated again that he wants to strengthen 3 areas, well known to be centre half, number 10 and striker. He didn't say 4 positions.

So where does Lennon come in to it? He's blatantly a right winger and never a number 10, striker or a centre half!

With him also revealing that Deulofeu and McGeady are now fit, and yes I realise McGeady isn't popular with the masses but he's still a right wing option, what is the point of spending millions on yet another right winger?

Makes little sense to me when the three named positions are a much bigger priority.

It is odd. Not sure if he intends to use either Mirallas or Deulofeu in that role if needed, or whether he thinks Barkley/Naismith offers enough cover for the number 10 role.

I can certainly see why he'd want a winger as we are short in that area. We've seen what one or two injuries can do, and we saw the impact Lennon had on loan simply because we were so short there. If he felt the need to strengthen that area of the pitch in January, you can assume he still thinks it's a pressing need despite the Deulofeu signing.

The manager has just had a press conference that dealt primarily with the transfer window - hence the crossover. We're discussing the fact that John Stones is not going anywhere this transfer window and we're targeting three players - as they are words the manager has just used, we're discussing them.

The majority of us are taking those words on face value and discussing the implications of them for our squad.

Yeah, and then it widened, a lot.

Still, all good now.

i can picture the following scene in a couple of weeks.

We havent signed anyone at that point.
We have gained at most 1 point from our next two games
We wake up on deadline day to find out Chelsea have come back with an improved bid for Stones.
One of lukaku/del/MCCarthy pick up a semi serious injury
All reported targets signed for other clubs

Call me negative buy can anyone else see this? the problem here i think is not necesserily the lack of transfer activity but the 'looking to strengthen' attitude along with all the other mystical soundbytes. Fact of the matter is, if roberto came out and said we will sign 3 first team players by the end of the window, i think we would all be a little bit more relieved about the whole thing.

My other worry is last summer will happen, and these 3 players he wants to sign, two of them are the young argentine and holgate.

i can picture the following scene in a couple of weeks.

We havent signed anyone at that point.
We have gained at most 1 point from our next two games
We wake up on deadline day to find out Chelsea have come back with an improved bid for Stones.
One of lukaku/del/MCCarthy pick up a semi serious injury
All reported targets signed for other clubs

Call me negative buy can anyone else see this? the problem here i think is not necesserily the lack of transfer activity but the 'looking to strengthen' attitude along with all the other mystical soundbytes. Fact of the matter is, if roberto came out and said we will sign 3 first team players by the end of the window, i think we would all be a little bit more relieved about the whole thing.

My other worry is last summer will happen, and these 3 players he wants to sign, two of them are the young argentine and holgate.

Well John Stones isn't for sale so no. I can't see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back