Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
R.e. the work permit thing, if Martinez is serious about him, surely he knows that's not going to be an issue.

How did Straq get one? Was it a Spanish grandparent or something?

Quizzed a work mate of mine (who has spent time in Argentina and followed River Plate closely) a little bit back on Mori. Was told he's a decent player, much better than his brother who is a bit of a laughing stock. Is a serious goal threat and is a big strong lad. He seemed to think he would be a decent buy, and for that fee I see no reason why he would be wrong. Got all the attributes I'm after.
Apart from he won't get a work permit...

Ogbonna also known for lapses of concentration.

The worry on Mori other than moving here and adapting (though he did live in US before) is that he's 24 and only has a single cap. Additionally usually the Spanish sides pick out the best south american talent so if he's so good now then either he's a late developer or Martinez thinks he can perform better in our league than the spanish think he can do in theirs....

Was having a twitter convo last night with a River Plate supporter who was tweeting that Mori was leaving them for us.

His English wasn't the best bless him but he tried his best.

Basically the lad was close to tears, saying Mori was their "best player" and would be impossible to replace.

A leader at the back who is quick, strong and likes a tackle.

Everybody has got an opinion on every player in the world. You'll always get mixed opinions on all of them so it's best to just wait and see what the lad can do before labelling him a flop/great signing.

Our first choice this summer was apparently Ogbonna, but I remember reading far more negative opinions about that lad from Juventus supporters who couldn't wait to see him through the exit door.

Lets just give the lad a chance if he does sign. Doesn't sound like big money so not really a big gamble either way.

R.e. the work permit thing, if Martinez is serious about him, surely he knows that's not going to be an issue.

How did Straq get one? Was it a Spanish grandparent or something?

Well it certainly wasn't due to him being a regular in the Argentine International set up !

Would rather have signed a defender from our country, Martinez is taking a huge gamble on this guy. The championship would have been better Lewis dunk for example?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back