Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lads as much as this may sound like bull, I was told by a friend about Yarmolenko 4 weeks ago. At the time I dismissed it. I'll hopefully be able to talk to him soon. You can vault me if I get any information and see if it turns out to be true and if I hear future rumours from the guy I'll let you lot know.

If Chelsea are willing to pay £40m now then in a years time, if John keeps improving, they'll be willing to pay £80m...or someone else will.

If the above doesn't transpire...we still have him in our team

Sounds simple? What's the problem?
Thats the caveat tho. IF John keeps improving. it seems likely he will but its an unknown whether it happens.

The club will look like right mugs if they sell stones, with all the unrest about the board at the moment I think it will be the final nail in their coffin if they choose to sell.
Wouldn't surprise me if they come out and say johns put a transfer request in just to make it easier for them.

I've heard this argument a few times and it always puzzles me - its not like the board require the good will of supporters to conduct their business. Will a few banners and angry from Runcorn on talksport really bring about the change at the club that some people seem to think is necessary??

Sorry I don't know what a WUM is, given that I am 50 and earn a six figure salary attention is not something I thrive for. Living in Australia you have a large number of mates of who you keep in contact with, all teams involved, we share banter and rumors which in turn I share.

Regarding the Chelsea rumors, I know someone who I went to university with who is contracted to work for Chelsea, he gives me info over incoming and outgoings as the paperwork side is something he is involved with.

One of the things I used to love about going the match was meeting in the Legion before and the banter of rumors etc. and probably the 10 pints of lager helped too.

I can understand why people like DAVIDMOYES and others leave the site as they are hounded because a few haven't heard it "first" (Example chicoazul and his excellent match review, the big thing on that is to be on the first pages replying)

Its certainly makes you wonder why have a rumors site if all you want to do is [Poor language removed] others for forwarding what they have heard on
Jesus Christ I knew there was something I didn't like about this Gwar loving a hole. What 50 yr old likes them anyways.

you mean the guy who has his own opinion and doesn't just agree with whatever else is posted?

yeah that's me
You'd rather we just continue going around in circles selling players and replacing those with 'potential'.... rinse and repeat.

The rest of us are actually sick of this and are now fully behind building an actual team that can compete. I think we deserve that.

Stones is a good player and will get better.40odd million is a lot of money to knock back,but if he goes this should of been done wks ago to give us time to reinvest in new players not a week before deadline day.

no but we also don't pay for deals upfront either. It isn't a drug deal mate.

stones is worth 40 million because he is young, English and talented. If stones was signed from outside the county he would be worth a lot less, see marquinos from psg for example.

is luke Shaw worth 30? no different to stones.

How is Marquinos comparable? He left after one year for over 30m euros - at 18 I may add - and has been linked in the past couple of windows for over £40m soooo...

I'd rather have Stones in my team than be drip fed £40m over the next 10 years.

no but we also don't pay for deals upfront either. It isn't a drug deal mate.

stones is worth 40 million because he is young, English and talented. If stones was signed from outside the county he would be worth a lot less, see marquinos from psg for example.

is luke Shaw worth 30? no different to stones.

I agree with your point mate, but Marquinhos did go for huge money, plus he had played about 50 games. Stones is similair in that regard.

Are we a selling club ? Not really, only fellaini, arteta, rooney and lescott have gone. I think all four, maybe three without rooney, put in transfer requests, only rooney had to be sold due to financial restraints.

United and Arsenal have sold Ronaldo, Henry, Tevez, Nasri etc etc.... neither would be described as a selling club so why should we ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back