Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Galloway has played well when filling in he's a far better option than moving Barry out of the middle.

Only a kid though and it was probably never our intention to play him there now. Don't see an issue with moving Barry, we've DWL in 3 games conceding 4 and scoring 5 so don't see what any of the central midfielders are doing out of this world.

Yeah that's true but there's interest in Joey Barton after everything he's done. Barton's a better player than Gibson of courae but any team who's seen Gibson play knows he can pick a pass and shoot. Ideal player for teams like Bournemouth and Sunderland who need players come for cheap. I'd loan him too. He won't be getting any game time this season imo.

Barton is not a better player than Gibson. Not in a million years.

Only a kid though and it was probably never our intention to play him there now. Don't see an issue with moving Barry, we've DWL in 3 games conceding 4 and scoring 5 so don't see what any of the central midfielders are doing out of this world.

John Stones was "only a kid" when he came in and got his chance. Take Barry out of the middle and we lose vital cover for the defence and control when we've got possession, he's pretty vital to how we try and play and we've got no one else who can dictate from the back. He's also slower than snail in a coma and would get run ragged by any able bodied right sided player.

So even though we've got plenty of options at left back and we're very short in other areas of the squad we should just waste money on another back up left back because we've got a few short term injuries there?

You realise we're not Real Madrid don't you?
We don't have plenty of options. Both Oviedo and Baines are a big risk. One has barely played in 18 months and the other has had to have another surgery on his ankle which puts major doubts over when he will be back - how long was Carrol or Wilshere out? Garbutt is on a season long loan and I don't even know if we can "recall" him however I suspect not otherwise we would have done so already.

I would seriously consider a loan for Robertson at Hull.

We don't have plenty of options. Both Oviedo and Baines are a big risk. One has barely played in 18 months and the other has had to have another surgery on his ankle which puts major doubts over when he will be back - how long was Carrol or Wilshere out? Garbutt is on a season long loan and I don't even know if we can "recall" him however I suspect not otherwise we would have done so already.

Garbutt is injured I'm pretty sure. Did an ankle of something couple of weeks back

Stop chatting bubbles lad

We playing City every week are we?
We are playing Spurs, Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and Swansea in the next 7 league games. Galloway is good enough for the easier games but as we saw against City it's unfair to the kid to play him in those games in not even his natural position. There must be a free transfer or loan floating about somewhere to get us until January. Big game against Bournemouth for Bryan. Lets hope he plays a blinder.

Lot of straw clutching here.

I'll admit just after the Shaqiri debacle I was frustrated and annoyed like everyone is now, I got past it and back to my "wait until sept 2nd" mood and see what happens.

Baines will be out for another couple of months max, Oviedo is maybe a risk but that's why we've kept Galloway. There's more chance of having all 3 fit and available before Novemeber than all of them on the treatment table.

There's no way we'll add another left back to the squad in this window.

We are playing Spurs, City, Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and Swansea in the next 7 league games. Galloway is good enough for the easier games but as we saw against City it's unfair to the kid to play him in those games in not even his natural position. There must be a free transfer or loan floating about somewhere to get us until January.

Did well week before against Tadic & Mane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back