Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lescott - Only if he plays for free and crawls on his hands and knees up county road begging forgiveness for those of us who paid for a season ticket on the promise of such a good season when he left.

thtas the price of Yarmalenko though mate. And shaquiri was 12 million.

either way spending an actual amount of money on a player designed to improve the first 11, just like clubs around us last season have done.

No i totally understand that, the point i was making is as EFC supporters we are all too versed in the "phantom bid" script to believe we will spend a substantial amount on a player.... that isn't funded by sales.

Clubs around spending more, its upto plucky Everton to break the mold again without buying anyone to put a marker down.

No i totally understand that, the point i was making is as EFC supporters we are all too versed in the "phantom bid" script to believe we will spend a substantial amount on a player.... that isn't funded by sales.

Clubs around spending more, its upto plucky Everton to break the mold again without buying anyone to put a marker down.
See the danger we run the risk of that a lot of people don't like to admit is not the price of success (and lack of from the board) but the price of failure. So yeah, we don't sell stones, we sign a few players, probably lennon or Januzai and we go ahead this season.

Except what happens next summer? Stones still in demand? Lukaku scored another 20 goals +? Barca want Del back? Players run out of contracts? Mirallas has a decent bid for him?

My point is, for all the we arent selling stones this summer argument, it means nothing without us backing that up. If we stagnate, there is enough players in our squad that suggest to me at least that we cant fight off clubs on several fronts, especially as some of them speak through agents.

that is why spending money right now is important. Lukaku is tasked to bang them in, yet what happens when he does that after the club spending a little amount on players, and his agent tells him the big clubs want him? Do you think he will stay?

Compare that to a club who gives young players a chance and invests in actual talent to support him? MAssive difference in perspective for a player of roms ability.

Looking at clubs with large squads, and players who don't seem to be in their managers plans, I think Anders Herrera would be a great signing. Loan or buy, either would do. Could play as the deep lying number 10 we've been after.

See the danger we run the risk of that a lot of people don't like to admit is not the price of success (and lack of from the board) but the price of failure. So yeah, we don't sell stones, we sign a few players, probably lennon or Januzai and we go ahead this season.

Except what happens next summer? Stones still in demand? Lukaku scored another 20 goals +? Barca want Del back? Players run out of contracts? Mirallas has a decent bid for him?

My point is, for all the we arent selling stones this summer argument, it means nothing without us backing that up. If we stagnate, there is enough players in our squad that suggest to me at least that we cant fight off clubs on several fronts, especially as some of them speak through agents.

that is why spending money right now is important. Lukaku is tasked to bang them in, yet what happens when he does that after the club spending a little amount on players, and his agent tells him the big clubs want him? Do you think he will stay?

Compare that to a club who gives young players a chance and invests in actual talent to support him? MAssive difference in perspective for a player of roms ability.

Totally agree, it shouldnt be see as a sign to appease the fans, it should be a sign to the squad we want to go places rather then tread water.

But, like i have said on other threads, we dont have a plan, direction or anything besides staying afloat & looks like we cant buy without selling.

If no one else is going to say it then I will:

I''m impressed with the club for not waiting until the absolute last minute to sign Mori. If he fails to get a work permit, the club have a whole week to sign someone else.

Progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back